PDA

View Full Version : Cursor not in pop up copy window

chiefplt
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm noticing a problem with my pop-up copy window. I'm running BW7 on Win7.

When I press Ctrl-Shift-B from within another application (Microsoft Word and Onenote are the two most common ones I use), the pop-up copy window does come up. But for some reason, the cursor doesn't default to being in it.

I think this must have worked differently before I upgraded to Win7. In the past, I remember pressing Ctrl-Shift-B and then typing immediately and what I typed would be in the pop-up copy window. Now when I call up the window, if I start typing, the text appears in my active document. I have to click on the copy window in order to type into it.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely an irritation. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks...

rdtaylorjr
04-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I use Windows XP and it still works just fine for me. But, when I first upgraded to BW8, I noticed it doing exactly what you're describing. After putting up with it for a while, I finally submitted a support request on the BW website and they fixed it within a day or so. It's probably just a minor bug in the way BW interacts with Win7. Let them know about it and I bet they'll be able to fix it for you quickly.