PDA

View Full Version : Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew

Stouks
04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
I am just about to buy Bible Works but I have a question: I know that BW 8 provides the DSS in English but does it have a DSS Hebrew module as well? If not, does any one know of a plan to get this in the future?

Thanks

Sansom48
04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I could be wrong, but I do not see the Qumran text in English or Hebrew, I know there are a couple of modules which you can buy which give you the translation and it looks like one gives you the original of some of the text. I have copied and pasted the module discriptions below. I may be wrong, so hopefully someone else will verify what I have said, or correct me.

QSMA
Unlock code for QSM - The Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts (with morphological tags), Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001 by Martin G. Abegg, Jr.

The QSM contains all non-biblical manuscripts from what are commonly known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. These texts—described at the time of their discovery as the most important archaeological discovery of all time (W. F. Albright)—have thankfully lived up to their "press." They have afforded a window into the world as it was in the two centuries before the advent of Christianity. In short, they provide the New Testament with a much clearer context than was known before their discovery.
Requires BibleWorks 6 or later.
$80.00

QBSET
Unlock code for QBSET - Dead Sea Scrolls English Translation Bundle: Biblical and Sectarian Texts

Comes with two works: The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation (Michael O. Wise, Martin G. Abegg, Jr., & Edward M. Cook, trans.), a comprehensive translation into English of the Dead Sea Scrolls sectarian texts (plus introductions and explanatory notes), and The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible: The Oldest Known Bible Translated for the First Time into English (Martin Abegg, Jr., Peter Flint, & Eugene Ulrich), containing an English translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls Biblical texts (plus introductions, explanatory notes, and text-critical notes).
The Biblical Texts contain a Browse Window version and a HTML Help version. The Sectarian Texts contain a HTML Help version only.
This item requires BibleWorks 8.
$30.00

Sansom48
04-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knew of any sites that had full view and pictures of the Dead Sea Scrolls. I have found a couple that give you snippet views but most of them are actually hard to read.

Sansom48
04-03-2010, 12:42 PM
sorry for the multiple post, but I keep finding things. There is also an older blog entry here (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?3881-DSS-English-translation-bundle&highlight=Dead+Sea+Scrolls) where they did talk about some of these sources.

Dale A. Brueggemann
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Look here for the available modules:
http://store.bibleworks.com/modules.html