PDA

View Full Version : Options Disabled in 8.0.016?? Please confirm...

MGVH
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm using 8.0.016g, and today when I tried to modify my copy options, I noticed that nothing happens when I try to open the options menu. (Via Tools > Options or via wrench icon)
I rolled back to 16c with no luck.
On my laptop, I still have 15x, and it works fine.
If anyone else has updated recently to a .16_ version, could you please confirm whether you get the Options dialogue before I report it to BW. (My computer has been flaky lately...)
Thanks.

Eric
03-10-2010, 05:54 PM
My version is .016g.1 and I am not having any problem with the options dialog. It opens as normal.

Might be your computer?

MGVH
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks, Eric. That it worked for you led to me assume it was a problem with my setup.
By some strange coincidence if this should happen to someone else...
I renamed my bw800.ini file and then restarted BW and allowed it to create a new bw800.ini.
Then I compared the two files. There are a lot of settings in there..., but what I discerned is that there is one parameter for "SetupDlgLoc" which I rightly guessed to be "Setup Dialogue Location."
What happened is that I was using dual monitors. The one died, and so I reset my display to just a single monitor. BW knows well enough to open in the correct monitor, but that SetupDlgLoc value was still pointing to a location on the dead monitor. Hence I could not see it, nor could I move it.
I changed the SetupDlgLoc values to the original ones, restored my old bw800.ini, and I'm good to go!

ISalzman
03-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Eric. That it worked for you led to me assume it was a problem with my setup.
By some strange coincidence if this should happen to someone else...
I renamed my bw800.ini file and then restarted BW and allowed it to create a new bw800.ini.
Then I compared the two files. There are a lot of settings in there..., but what I discerned is that there is one parameter for "SetupDlgLoc" which I rightly guessed to be "Setup Dialogue Location."
What happened is that I was using dual monitors. The one died, and so I reset my display to just a single monitor. BW knows well enough to open in the correct monitor, but that SetupDlgLoc value was still pointing to a location on the dead monitor. Hence I could not see it, nor could I move it.
I changed the SetupDlgLoc values to the original ones, restored my old bw800.ini, and I'm good to go!

Wow, I'm impressed with your resourcefulness. And thanks for recording the fix. It will be available to refer to should any of us run into the same problem.

SkipB
03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I regularly use BibleWorks in the class room setting with a projector. I often only open a secondary browse window on the projected screen, to keep the class focused just on the text. Sometimes from there, I have demonstrated how to use a certain feature, and then not found the dialog when I was disconnected. I have reconnected the projector and then moved the dialog back to my main display to close it there. This is a much quicker resolution.