PDA

View Full Version : Unicode Export

ISalzman
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
In most copy operations that I perform, the program exports the Hebrew and Greek texts in Unicode with no problems. But, when I type Hebrew in the BW Editor and then export my text, it does not seems to export Unicode. Is this everyone else's experience or am I doing something wrong? Grateful for any input.

benelchi
03-01-2010, 01:10 PM
In most copy operations that I perform, the program exports the Hebrew and Greek texts in Unicode with no problems. But, when I type Hebrew in the BW Editor and then export my text, it does not seems to export Unicode. Is this everyone else's experience or am I doing something wrong? Grateful for any input.

I have no difficulty with the editor in BW 8.x; however, I have had significant difficulties in using Hebrew within the command line. According to BW support, the editor simply uses the Microsoft editor widgets i.e. (Microsoft code) and therefore supports anything that is supported in other Microsoft products like word, wordpad, etc..., but the command line is custom BW code and does not support unicode.

ISalzman
03-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Let me rephrase my question. When I type Hebrew text into the BW Editor and then I select the text and copy it to the Windows Clipboard, when I attempt to paste that text into MS Word, it pastes in as "gobbledeegook." Is there some way that I can get the text to export properly into Word as the Unicode SBL Hebrew font?