PDA

View Full Version : Help with Morphological/Companion texts in BW 8

jarnett0001
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, I need help with something very simple. I have combed the help files, and I am just not able to find what I need (I know it's there, I am just not using the correct terminology in my search). I have done a search in the morphological version of Wescott and Hort for all forms of Theos and when it is NOT preceded by the article. I need to copy the results to MS Word 2007 but I need its companion text (the Greek text found in print, not the morphological text) displayed as the results. How do I do this? When I copy the results to Word, it displays the book, chapter, and verse but when the verse displays it is the morphological version and not the companion text, any help would be much appreciated.

MGVH
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
A couple solutions...
When you ran your search on the WHM (morphology), did the WHM text show up in the search window (ie right-most window)?

If it is the WHT and not the WHM that appears in the search results, then just Right click in the search window and choose one of the "Copy Verse List + Text" options.

If it is the WHM that shows in the search, then you need to change it to WHO. Do this by typing WHT in the command line (CL), hit Enter. Click on the green bar just below the CL (with the little boxes), and choose Synchronize Results List. Now the texts are all WHO. Right click in the search window and choose one of the "Copy Verse List + Text" options.

A better long term option is to not have a morphological version show up at all.
Tools > Options > General > Flags > Search Window Configuration Options > uncheck "Show morphology translation in Search Window word lists"

jarnett0001
02-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a reply, it was a HUGE help! It is much appreciated. I was able to display the results properly in the WHO but do the search in the WHM.

Adelphos
02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a reply, it was a HUGE help! It is much appreciated. I was able to display the results properly in the WHO but do the search in the WHM.

Yeah, Mark is great with BibleWorks, but just don't use him on your hair.

Now then, let's see who's old enough to understand that remark! :p

ISalzman
02-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Mark is great with BibleWorks, but just don't use him on your hair.

Now then, let's see who's old enough to understand that remark! :p

That's funny. I had to jog my memory a little bit, but I finally remembered Vitalis! Is that stuff even still around, by the way? Or how about Bryll Cream; remember that one?

Hey Scott, now you have me curious about the number of decades our good Lord has allowed you to roam the earth (roundabout way of asking, "I wonder how old you might be!").

MGVH
02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Unfortunately there is no relation to the company... (They're probably broke anyway. Who uses Vitalis any more?) BTW, the Vitalis part is something I acquired when I married. Turns out that her family's heritage is... Swedish! A great-great grandfather or so was Andy Anderson. When he came to Ellis Island, there were lots of Andy Andersons. He happened to have been born on St. Vitalis Day, so that's how he got the middle name, and when he dropped the last name at Ellis Island, you now have a number of generations of Swedish Vitalises!

Adelphos
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Scott, now you have me curious about the number of decades our good Lord has allowed you to roam the earth...

Let's just say it's over five and less than six, with a birthday coming up in March.

And yes, I actually used Bryll Cream in the early sixties, although I'm not sure is wasn't spelled Brill Cream. :eek:

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Who uses Vitalis any more?

I do. Are you guys mocking my grooming taste or my age?

Adelphos
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I do. Are you guys mocking my grooming taste or my age?

Not only your grooming and your age, but your pronunciation too! :eek:

jimofbentley
02-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately there is no relation to the company... (They're probably broke anyway. Who uses Vitalis any more?)

Vitalis still seems to be going:

http://www.vitalishair.com/

For that matter, so is Brylcreem.

http://brylcreem.com/

Dad made my brother and I use it all through our teens. Hated the stuff. Besides, the ad was truly false. What girl would "love to run their fingers through your hair" when it was filled with grease? :D

ISalzman
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Let's just say it's over five and less than six, with a birthday coming up in March.

And yes, I actually used Bryll Cream in the early sixties, although I'm not sure is wasn't spelled Brill Cream. :eek:

If it's any consolation, I'm in my sixth decade (which is officially inaugurated once you hit 50) too. But I was too young to have gotten to go to Woodstock.

The time passes by quickly, doesn't it? I can still remember my 18th birthday like it were yesterday.

ISalzman
02-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Dad made my brother and I use it all through our teens. Hated the stuff. Besides, the ad was truly false. What girl would "love to run their fingers through your hair" when it was filled with grease? :D

But I remember that their commercials would specifically boast that Bryl Cream wasn't that "greasy kid stuff!" So it was still greasy anyway, huh? It smelled good from what I can remember of it.

Adelphos
02-16-2010, 04:11 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm in my sixth decade (which is officially inaugurated once you hit 50) too. But I was too young to have gotten to go to Woodstock.

The time passes by quickly, doesn't it? I can still remember my 18th birthday like it were yesterday.

We're in the same decade then. I didn't figure it right.

And though I didn't go to Woodstock, I DID go to the SOUTHERN Woodstock, which took place at the Atlanta Speedway in 1969 or 1970.

Most, or many at least, of the performers at Woodstock in NY were in Atlanta, too.

Obviously, that was before I was saved.

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
What girl would "love to run their fingers through your hair" when it was filled with grease? :D

So that's been my problem :o\

ISalzman
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
We're in the same decade then. I didn't figure it right.

And though I didn't go to Woodstock, I DID go to the SOUTHERN Woodstock, which took place at the Atlanta Speedway in 1969 or 1970.

Most, or many at least, of the performers at Woodstock in NY were in Atlanta, too.

Obviously, that was before I was saved.

I was only 10 in 1969. But I became fascinated with Woodstock and all the history surrounding it in my late teens and early 20s (also before I was saved). To this day, I will still catch a good documentary about it on TV. For example, last summer, PBS ran a few good special documentaries about Woodstock coinciding with the 40th anniversary of it.

Re Atlanta, I hadn't heard of that particular installment of Woodstock, but I know there were several festivals around and about the time of Woodstock. Monterey California had one, I believe.

Adelphos
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Re Atlanta, I hadn't heard of that particular installment of Woodstock, but I know there were several festivals around and about the time of Woodstock. Monterey California had one, I believe.

I decided to look it up. Here's the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_International_Pop_Festival_(1969)

The times that God protected me from either death or severe injury before I was saved are too many to count, but one in particular was at the festival above.

The first night the grass grounds became the sleeping and hanging out place when the music wasn't going. Tens of thousands of people sleeping on the grass, with bikes and cars wending their way through haphazardly.

My friends and I found an open spot and just laid down and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, some guy yelled over to me and told me that I was one lucky dude. I asked him why was that.

He told me that sometime in the night a car drove right by me and its wheel missed my head by about two inches.

I didn't think anything about it at the time, but now that I know that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without my Father, I offer up praise and thanks.

ISalzman
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I decided to look it up. Here's the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_International_Pop_Festival_(1969)

The times that God protected me from either death or severe injury before I was saved are too many to count, but one in particular was at the festival above.

The first night the grass grounds became the sleeping and hanging out place when the music wasn't going. Tens of thousands of people sleeping on the grass, with bikes and cars wending their way through haphazardly.

My friends and I found an open spot and just laid down and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, some guy yelled over to me and told me that I was one lucky dude. I asked him why was that.

He told me that sometime in the night a car drove right by me and its wheel missed my head by about two inches.

I didn't think anything about it at the time, but now that I know that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without my Father, I offer up praise and thanks.

Wow, close call (humanly speaking). Great testimony of our heavenly Father's watch care and preservation.