PDA

View Full Version : Splash Screens

Eutychus
02-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Can anyone tell me how many splash screens there are in Bibleworks 8 and when do they come up. I know I saw someone on animal once but never again. I haven't seen tater tots lately either. Thanks!

Michael Hanel
02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Can anyone tell me how many splash screens there are in Bibleworks 8 and when do they come up. I know I saw someone on animal once but never again. I haven't seen tater tots lately either. Thanks!

I don't think this thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4012&highlight=splash+screen) has when they come up, but there are the pictures.

Eutychus
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Mike, thanks as always. I have only seen the guy on the horse once. :)

ISalzman
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM

He may have fallen off his horse.

Precha1
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM

The guy on the horse appears at "dinner time." Here on the East Coast the time of the horse appearing is 6pm eventhough that may not be your "dinner time."

The interesting note is that he appears at 6pm and only on start up. 6:05pm is too late and 5:55pm is too early.

Adelphos
02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
The guy on the horse appears at "dinner time." Here on the East Coast the time of the horse appearing is 6pm eventhough that may not be your "dinner time."

The interesting note is that he appears at 6pm and only on start up. 6:05pm is too late and 5:55pm is too early.

That's because REAL cowboys ALWAYS know when the sun rises and sets. :p

Eutychus
02-12-2010, 08:17 AM

I set the clock on my computer to 601 PM and now I can see him all I want. :)

ISalzman
02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
I set the clock on my computer to 601 PM and now I can see him all I want. :)

That's the real reason that Joshua had the sun stand still for an extra hour when he did. He wanted to enjoy the "man on the horse" splash screen in BW! :)

Adelphos
02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
That's the real reason that Joshua had the sun stand still for an extra hour when he did. He wanted to enjoy the "man on the horse" splash screen in BW! :)

That's not quite the whole truth. The fact is, Joshua knew that REAL cowboys carried rifles in their scabbards, so he spent his extended time trying to figure out how to get ahold of the rifle carried by the man on the horse.

Of course, he probably also appreciated the splash screen in his copy of BW.

ISalzman
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
That's not quite the whole truth. The fact is, Joshua knew that REAL cowboys carried rifles in their scabbards, so he spent his extended time trying to figure out how to get ahold of the rifle carried by the man on the horse.

Of course, he probably also appreciated the splash screen in his copy of BW.

Scott, you mean to tell me that Joshua was not an ardent supporter and member of the gun control lobby?

Adelphos
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Scott, you mean to tell me that Joshua was not an ardent supporter and member of the gun control lobby?

Lemme put it this way... if Joshua had been present in a mall shooting, there wouldn't have BEEN a mall shoothing... other than the prospective perpetrator hisself. :eek:

ISalzman
02-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Lemme put it this way... if Joshua had been present in a mall shooting, there wouldn't have BEEN a mall shoothing... other than the prospective perpetrator hisself. :eek:

I hear ya. Good man, Joshua.

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
if Joshua had been present in a mall shooting...

...and the malls were Canaanite, he would have been doing the shooting wouldn't he?