PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to get a line return before the verse reference in exports?

brethicks
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I am wondering if there is a way to have BW insert a carriage return/line feed before the reference when exporting? What I am looking for is something like this:

Jesus wept.
John 11:35

NOT

Jesus wept. John 11:35

I can not find an option to set this. Is there a way to do this.

In Christ,

Bret

PS It would also be useful if one was placing the reference is before the text as well

Mark Eddy
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
In BW8 in the "Output Format Options" choose "Selected Browse Text." In the Reference Format quadrant on the line which has the format for the reference (bottom line) type <p> (p for paragraph) in front of the other formatting options. The next time you copy using this option, it will place the reference on the line following thee biblical text. Be sure you remember what you call this "Favorite Settings for Browse Window Copy Menu" (e.g., is it "Copy to Clipboard" or "Copy to Word" etc.), because if you copy using a different Favorite, it will look different.
I hope this helps.
Mark Eddy

brethicks
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the help. I was looking for how to do it in the popup copy window, but you gave me the info needed to get what I wanted. It amazes me how many new things there are to learn about BW. I have been using since version 6 and still find all kinds of new things.

In Christ,

Bret