PDA

View Full Version : serial number

Shlomo
02-03-2010, 04:08 AM
I bought a copy of BW version 3.5 some time ago. It doesn't load on my windows 97 running xp

I had a look at the upgrades available with the view of upgrading. however, it seems as though the serial number is required to upgarde. My problem is that I bought BW some time ago and I simply do not have a record of the serial number. Would I then have no option but to buy a completely new version? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Shlomo

jimofbentley
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
I bought a copy of BW version 3.5 some time ago. It doesn't load on my windows 97 running xp

I had a look at the upgrades available with the view of upgrading. however, it seems as though the serial number is required to upgarde. My problem is that I bought BW some time ago and I simply do not have a record of the serial number. Would I then have no option but to buy a completely new version? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Shlomo

If you look on the BW website, you will notice under "Ordering/Upgrade" that an upgrade is only really possible with versions 6-7. Versions from BW 5 and earlier are the same as the new price, although with BW5 you can retain any Modules purchased for BW5 at no extra charge.

So, it looks as if you will have to purchase the BW8 new.

Shlomo
02-03-2010, 04:45 AM
ah yes. I see that there is no difference in price between an upgrade from an early ed to simply buying the latest ed.
thanks

ISalzman
02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
ah yes. I see that there is no difference in price between an upgrade from an early ed to simply buying the latest ed.
thanks

Shalom Shlomo. BW is a great program and worth the purchase price, if that's a help to you.

יִצְחָק

Dale A. Brueggemann
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
You can find the serial number under Help/About Bible Works, but I think you'll pay full price. If you can afford it somehow, it's most definitely worth the price. You won't believe how far Bible Works has advanced since version 3.5; indeed, I was amazed at the value of the upgrade from 7.0 to 8.0. The BW staff makes serious stuff of an upgrade.