PDA

View Full Version : What replaces the manual in BW6?

Y2K2
02-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Greetings,

I am considering upgrading from BW6 to BW8. I read some info on BW8 and found that a manual is no longer distributed with the software.

What replaces the manual? A dvd with instructional videos?

With BW6 I received a software dvd, a dvd with instructional videos and a manual. The manual was a REAL help and had a permanent place by my pc.

Thank you.

bkMitchell
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
What replaces the manual? A dvd with instructional videos?...

In general BibleWorks 8's help files(which are the same thing as the manual), the study guides, and there are a selection of videos.

However, you can still keep and use the old BibleWorks 6 manual with more than a little success with version 8, I do!

Reasons to upgrade If you are into NT Greek Studies:

(1)A few Greek NT transcription of early manuscripts will be coming for free for BW8 users later this year.

(2) The complete CNTT module will be released for BW8 early next year or late this year for a small fee.

Y2K2
02-03-2010, 04:10 AM
bkMitchell,

Thanks for answering my question. It's really good news to know that all of the time and effort that I invested in the BW6 manual was not in vain, AND that I can still use it when I receive my upgrade disc. I still have the Supplemental and Video Demo CD from BW6 so probably it will be of some usefulness also.

At present I am investigating the Hebraic and Syriac sources for the NT. Last year I was able to purchase Dr. Kiraz's six volume Concordance to the Syriac NT. It once belonged to a library. Logos has it as part of their LDLS and I have that also.

From the listings of what's available in BW8 it seems that BW's is expanding their Hebrew and Syriac sources. Wow! Another good reason to upgrade:)!