PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to set default version for cross reference databases

brethicks
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Is there a way to set the default version to add new references in a cross reference database? I created my own version based on TSK, and am adding extra verses. However, when I do this, it defaults to KJV, and I would prefer the NIV. Is there a way to do this?

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Adelphos
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Is there a way to set the default version to add new references in a cross reference database? I created my own version based on TSK, and am adding extra verses. However, when I do this, it defaults to KJV, and I would prefer the NIV. Is there a way to do this?

While you are in your cross reference database, make sure the version you want is selected, and then save the database anew. Of course, the references in the database go with whatever version you chose them in in the first place, so you'll have to manually change them if you want different versions.

brethicks
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
While you are in your cross reference database, make sure the version you want is selected, and then save the database anew. Of course, the references in the database go with whatever version you chose them in in the first place, so you'll have to manually change them if you want different versions.

I must be missing something. I tried to choose the option to save changes, and also simply saved as a new database (and both times had had NIV as the search version, had selected it in the display version, and had it in the dialog box of the xref window as the version), but both times it still keeps KJV as the default version when I click "add a new reference". AM I missing something?

In Christ,

Bret

Adelphos
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think I know what's going on exactly. I know that the references are version specific, so that if you have a reference in the database, that reference is version specific, and it may be that if that is the last version entered, then could cause the default behavior, but I am only guessing on that. I think you need a BW programmer to address this.