PDA

View Full Version : BNM-BYM-Differences

Peter
01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Dear Friends,

at the moment I'm trying to create a word list with BW 7, which conctains all words being different in BYM compared to BNM in Revelation. That means, I want a list, where all words are included, which appear in BYM and not in BNM.
Can someone please help me ?
Thank you
Yours
Peter, Germany

Adelphos
01-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Dear Friends,

at the moment I'm trying to create a word list with BW 7, which conctains all words being different in BYM compared to BNM in Revelation. That means, I want a list, where all words are included, which appear in BYM and not in BNM.
Can someone please help me ?
Thank you
Yours
Peter, Germany

Peter,

What you want to do is relatively simple. Once you open the WLM, load the words from BYM into the first list window, then do the same for BNM in the second list window.

Now you can use the menu to select words common to both, or not common to both, and so on.

Just get this far and I think you'll be able to figure it out, but if not, let us know.

Peter
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Dear Scott,

I knew it's a beginners question - but I simply forgot, how to do that ! Thank you for the lesson ! I was now able to create such a word list. Please see attachment. Could you please check that list ? That would be helpful for me... Do you know how to get the words with the exact verse? I'm just able to create a list of the words but without the verses, where the words were found.
Yours
Peter, Germany

Adelphos
01-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Peter,

The list looks okay to me, but I haven't performed the exercise myself. I think you'll be safe using it though. The WLM is pretty accurate.

Peter
01-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Thank you, Scott ! But how do I get the words in connection with the exact verse ?
Yours
Peter

Adelphos
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but here are several options...

1. Once you have pruned the list the way you want it, i.e., deleted words common to both, or deleted words uncommon to both, or whatever, then you can double-click on each word to see in which verse(s) that word occurs. Just make sure you have set your search limits to the book of Revelation.

2. You can save your WLM results into an IEL file and then use that IEL file as a basis or search limit to refine your results further, including searching only on that file to find all the verses where the words in that file occur.

Peter
01-29-2010, 01:18 PM
O.k. I have to try this, Scott, thank you ! I just want to create a list with words occuring only in BYM in combination with the exact vers, where this word occurs, e.g. "hWSEI, Rev 13,3" and so on.

Peter