PDA

View Full Version : Insert a line break

christlove
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Alright Mates, I donīt know if I have just a mental block but how do I insert a line break in the text of the version (not in the notes for the auto info-window)? I know it has something to do with the tag "<p>" but I donīt know what to change in the version database compiler. So, if somebody could tell me exactly what to do I would be thankful.

Keep spreading.
Steffen

Michael Hanel
01-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Alright Mates, I donīt know if I have just a mental block but how do I insert a line break in the text of the version (not in the notes for the auto info-window)? I know it has something to do with the tag "<p>" but I donīt know what to change in the version database compiler. So, if somebody could tell me exactly what to do I would be thankful.

Keep spreading.
Steffen

For text which you can see in the Browse Window, you cannot insert a line break. I've made the suggestion to Mike Bushell that they consider adding format options like this (so people can finally make poetic divisions in addition to standard versification ones), but I don't think they have yet pushed it high enough on the to-do list. Unless he secretly put this feature in somewhere already ;)

christlove
01-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Hmmm, strange that this feature isnīt yet available....

Thx Michael.

Steffen

williamroens
01-30-2010, 03:24 AM
When you type in Word or any other word processing program for that matter, you have word wrap which means that the computer keeps putting your text onto the page,

(http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/proactol-review-does-proactol-diet-pills-work-for-weight-loss-1707237.html)

ISalzman
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
When you type in Word or any other word processing program for that matter, you have word wrap which means that the computer keeps putting your text onto the page,

(http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/proactol-review-does-proactol-diet-pills-work-for-weight-loss-1707237.html)

Thanks for the rousing explanation of word wraps. Do you have any info on chicken bacon ranch fajita wraps?

Adelphos
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the rousing explanation of word wraps. Do you have any info on chicken bacon ranch fajita wraps?

Irving, you actually caused me to literally laugh out loud!

ISalzman
01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Irving, you actually caused me to literally laugh out loud!

Thanks Scott. I had to suppress the chuckle myself when I wrote that! :)

bkMitchell
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM

Do you mean Chicken Bacon or Chicken plus pork bacon?
Either, way Ranch dressing is a dairy product so no matter how this situation is cut/torn:rolleyes: it is טרײף (Treif) according to Halakha.

בשר בחלב‎ =טְרֵפָה
Treif= meat in milk

Warning:
I am being highly sarcastic in a kind yet, teasing type of way. Also, Cut/Torn is a pun with the tern Treif which means both a limb of living animal that has been torn off and non-kosher food in general. And eating chicken with dairy products has very little to with the Pentateuch's injunction against boiling a kid in his mothers milk.

ISalzman
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Do you mean Chicken Bacon or Chicken plus pork bacon?
Either, way Ranch dressing is a dairy product so no matter how this situation is cut/torn:rolleyes: it is טרײף (Treif) according to Halakha.

בשר בחלב‎ =טְרֵפָה
Treif= meat in milk

Warning:
I am being highly sarcastic in a kind yet, teasing type of way. Also, Cut/Torn is a pun with the tern Treif which means both a limb of living animal that has been torn off and non-kosher food in general. And eating chicken with dairy products has very little to with the Pentateuch's injunction against boiling a kid in his mothers milk.

Ah yes, the always fun dietary questions. By the way, re mixing meat and dairy, you should note what Abraham serves to his heavenly visitors in Gen 18. It can immediately be observed that both meat and dairy are being served there. It makes the framers of Halachah absolutely squirm. They are forced to posit that Abraham served the dairy first, his visitors waited the customary hour required to fully digest dairy, and then - and only then! - Abraham served the goat/meat. Of course, the text never says that. This is nothing more than creative, hermeneutical gymnastics. Hey, we can make the text say whatever we want it to say, can't we? ;) Aren't we the final authorities? :rolleyes: