PDA

View Full Version : Missing buttons from old version

seinat
01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Just moved from version 6 to version 8, and I like a lot of what was done, but in the button bar of the older versions, there were two sets of arrows, up and down, that let you move with one click from verse to verse, either in the results window or a list of verses resulting from a search. I can't find these at all, and assume they are simply not in this version. I now have to use drop down menus just to change verses, even if its only one verse away. Any solutions? I would love to see these old buttons available. The drop down menus are a pain to use.

Michael Hanel
01-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Just moved from version 6 to version 8, and I like a lot of what was done, but in the button bar of the older versions, there were two sets of arrows, up and down, that let you move with one click from verse to verse, either in the results window or a list of verses resulting from a search. I can't find these at all, and assume they are simply not in this version. I now have to use drop down menus just to change verses, even if its only one verse away. Any solutions? I would love to see these old buttons available. The drop down menus are a pain to use.

I can't say I know exactly what you're talking about. In BW8 there are still up and down arrow buttons in both the search window and browse window which move up and down a verse.

Alternatively, if I understand what you want. If you click on the browse window and hold down control and shift keys and press the down arrow you can change into Synch mode where pressing up and down arrows on your keyboard will move the browse window up or down a verse. Doing this again toggles it off.

seinat
01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
:) Hey, I found them! I was thinking of actual buttons on the button bar, but these are built in to the scroll bars and I just didn't see them. I feel pretty stupid. That was a big help. Thanks.