PDA

View Full Version : Turning off the popup box containing lexical info in the browse window

Justin
01-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off the small, lexical popup box that comes up whenever I run my cursor over a Greek or Hebrew word in the browse window? The box obscures my view of the HALOT/BDAG lexicons in the analysis window.

Thanks for your help!

Justin

Adelphos
01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off the small, lexical popup box that comes up whenever I run my cursor over a Greek or Hebrew word in the browse window? The box obscures my view of the HALOT/BDAG lexicons in the analysis window.

In the Browse window, click on the little checkbox (the box before the feet) and click on Toggle Word Tips

Justin
01-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks, Adelphos! I'm not sure how I missed that.

Best,
Justin

ISalzman
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Thanks for your help!

Justin

FYI Justin, you can actually move the lexical popup box to another part of your screen so that it doesn't obscure your view of whatever it is that you're interested in viewing. For example, I have moved the lexical popup window to the bottom of the Search Window so it doesn't obscure my view of the Analysis Window and Resource Tab, etc. The point is, there's flexibility as to where you choose to place the popup window. You're in control. Just thought I'd mention this to you should you decide you want to bring back the popup window. There are options available so that it doesn't take up prime real estate on your viewing screen.

Adelphos
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
FYI Justin, you can actually move the lexical popup box to another part of your screen so that it doesn't obscure your view of whatever it is that you're interested in viewing.

Are you talking about Word Tips? If so, how do you do that?

ISalzman
01-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Are you talking about Word Tips? If so, how do you do that?

Go to 'Tools,' 'Options,' 'Browse Window Configuration Options.' Then put a check in the box that says 'Keep word tips open.' Then, next time the popup word tips open, drag the box to anywhere on the screen you would like it to appear and it will always appear in that new position (until such time as you place it somewhere else).

By the way, you can always uncheck the box 'Keep word tips open' later, in which case the word tip opens temporarily and then closes. But it will still remember the last place you positioned it on your screen. As for me, I always have it open now. And I can move it anywhere I want at any given time, depending upon what part of the program window I want to view.

Adelphos
01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Go to 'Tools,' 'Options,' 'Browse Window Configuration Options.' Then put a check in the box that says 'Keep word tips open.' Then, next time the popup word tips open, drag the box to anywhere on the screen you would like it to appear and it will always appear in that new position (until such time as you place it somewhere else).

By the way, you can always uncheck the box 'Keep word tips open' later, in which case the word tip opens temporarily and then closes. But it will still remember the last place you positioned it on your screen. As for me, I always have it open now. And I can move it anywhere I want at any given time, depending upon what part of the program window I want to view.

Well I'll be. That's a new one on me!

Justin
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks, ISalzman! This is really good to know.

Best,
Justin

ISalzman
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Well I'll be. That's a new one on me!

BW never ceases to amaze, huh?

ISalzman
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks, ISalzman! This is really good to know.

Best,
Justin

You're welcome, Justin. My pleasure.

Irving

Precha1
01-17-2010, 07:31 AM

Wow! Thanks Irving. This is a great tip. BW is truly an amazing program with all sorts neat things to enhance study.

ISalzman
01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow! Thanks Irving. This is a great tip. BW is truly an amazing program with all sorts neat things to enhance study.

You're very welcome, William (Bill?). I'm just thankful for the many great tips I've gotten from you guys in the past! These forums make a great program (BibleWorks) even better with all of our mutual sharing and collaborating on tips and ideas on to make better use this great program.

rcheatha
01-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Ok. Sorry but Ido't have the answer. In fact just got turned on to the discussion forum, and just used this as an attempt to jump in. I do have a question, however. How do I enlarge the text in BW8. The small text is killing my eyes. Help

Thanks for your help!

Justin

arggem
01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok. Sorry but Ido't have the answer. In fact just got turned on to the discussion forum, and just used this as an attempt to jump in. I do have a question, however. How do I enlarge the text in BW8. The small text is killing my eyes. Help

Hi rcheatha!

Welcome to the BibleWorks forum!!!

In the "tools" menu select "options." Under the "General" section you will find an option called "fonts." Selecting "fonts" gives you a screen where you can change many of the fonts.

Note the radio button that that allows you to select the font set to edit:

Search window
Browse window
Export

Note, too, that there will be some resources in which you have no control of the fonts.

I hope this helps.

Now, I'd like to make a suggestion. When you have an issue that is different from a given thread, it is preferable to start a whole new thread. That way you avoid confusion, and can get the personalized attention you need.

rcheatha
01-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you. Advise taken.