PDA

View Full Version : BW7 to BW8 what do I lose?

figueres3
01-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I understand that I can gain some good tools, but do I lose anything? I notice that Metzger is missing in BW8 and I enjoy having him there in BW7 will he come with me?

MGVH
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Look HERE (http://www.bibleworks.com/content/new.html) (bottom of page) where it states (and note what I have bolded):
Many of the databases contained in BibleWorks are licensed from the copyright holders of those databases. On rare occasions we are unable to reach a mutually-satisfactory agreement with the licensor and items must be removed from BibleWorks or turned into extra-cost modules. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
The following list of databases contains items included in the base package of BibleWorks 7 which are no longer available from BibleWorks and which will not be included in the BibleWorks 8 package.

Word Pictures, A. T. Robertson
Basic Hebrew for Bible Study, Mark Futato
German Lutherbibel 1984

The following list of databases contains items included in the BibleWorks 7 base package which are no longer available in the BibleWorks 8 base package, but which may be purchased separately.

A Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the New Testament, Barclay M. Newman,
Jr.
A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Bruce M. Metzger.
Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Lust-Eynikel-Hauspie.

If you are a registered user and are upgrading from BibleWorks 7 to BibleWorks 8, you will be sent free of charge a set of activation codes for the Metzger and Lust-Eynikel-Hauspie databases, and registered users upgrading from BibleWorks 7 or previous versions will be sent free of charge a set of activation codes for the Lutherbibel and Newman databases.

Adelphos
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I understand that I can gain some good tools, but do I lose anything? I notice that Metzger is missing in BW8 and I enjoy having him there in BW7 will he come with me?

The only thing you are losing is the kicks in the behind that you will give yourself for not upgrading sooner.