PDA

View Full Version : Can I type and analyse words?

derUser
01-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi there,

I'm new in BW and try to translate the Pescha Nahum from Qumran.

Is there a posibility to type a word and let BW analyze it? That would be great!!!

Thank you!

Adelphos
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Is there a posibility to type a word and let BW analyze it? That would be great!!!

No, but you can hover your mouse over a word and have it analyzed. You should check out the video study guides, especially the getting started set.

derUser
01-19-2010, 04:36 AM
No, but you can hover your mouse over a word and have it analyzed. You should check out the video study guides, especially the getting started set.

Thank you. I know how to analyze words by mouse. But I translate texts which are not included in BW. So I can't hover my mouse over my real preinted book... :D Would be an nice feature.

Thank you for your replies. I can stop searching now...

SkipB
01-19-2010, 08:58 AM
There is one thing you can do when translating texts not in BW: if the form you want analyzed is ever used in a BibleWorks text you can type the form on the search line, and search for that form in a morphological text and find how it was analyzed there. It doesn't hurt to then compare usage in the text you are working on with the text in BibleWorks. But this only works if it is used someplace.

ISalzman
01-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi there,

I'm new in BW and try to translate the Pescha Nahum from Qumran.

Thank you!

Actually, you can type a Hebrew word onto the Command Line. Make sure that you have either WTT or WTM as your search version. And don't forget to insert a period before typing your word. If your word from the Pescha Nahum from Qumran is found in the Hebrew Bible, it will come up in your search. Then just hover your mouse over the word in the Browse Window and all the parsing info will show in the Analysis Window.

derUser
02-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Thank you very much SkipB and ISalzman! :)

You've been a great help to me. So I know, bibleworks does not analyse forms itself and I can use the search.

Have a good time!

ISalzman
02-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Thank you very much SkipB and ISalzman! :)

You've been a great help to me. So I know, bibleworks does not analyse forms itself and I can use the search.

Have a good time!

You are most welcome, derUser. Blessings.