PDA

View Full Version : BW 8 won't open after downloading most recent updates

jarnett0001
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
My BW 8 won't let me open it after I downloaded the new updates (well, I had not checked for updates in few weeks, so they are the most recent updates available as of today, 1/11/2009). What can I do? I have Windows XP. I have had BW 7, then as soon as it was available I upgraded to 8, so I have had it for sometime, with no problems. How can I revert to an earlier version of BW before I applied the update if I can't open the program? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adelphos
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
My BW 8 won't let me open it after I downloaded the new updates (well, I had not checked for updates in few weeks, so they are the most recent updates available as of today, 1/11/2009). What can I do? I have Windows XP. I have had BW 7, then as soon as it was available I upgraded to 8, so I have had it for sometime, with no problems. How can I revert to an earlier version of BW before I applied the update if I can't open the program? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hold down the shift key while opening BW and then choose an earlier version.

Adelphos
01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
BW also crashes on me with the latest update.

jarnett0001
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Thank you so much, we were getting ready for Bible study and I updated it to help be more current and it crashed. That really helped! Thanks you so much for taking the time to respond.

Harold6
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I had the same problem! BW8 would not open for me with the lastest updates. Running XP3. Thanks for the tip on the shift key, I had completely forgotten about that and was dreading that I would have to re-install.

Harold Miller, Jr.
New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

gomango
01-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I updated the most recent and now my BW8 crashes also. Have to open via different route than desktop icon.

MBushell
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
A fix has been posted for this. Sorry about that.
Mike