PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew and Greek Analysis Windows Lexicons' difference?

kissdei
12-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I am using BW8 and there are difference bewteen Hebrew Analysis Windows Lexicon's and Greek. Greek Lexicon Window shows all the Greek Lexicons but Hebrew only shows what I make a default lexicon. I want to see all the Hebrew lexicons at once as Greek does. Is there a way to do this? :)

Adelphos
12-12-2009, 04:33 PM
No, you can only display all lexicons in Greek. Hebrew you are limited to one.

ISalzman
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Try the 'Resources' tab in the Analysis Window and if you hover your mouse over a word, all the resources that you have will jump to their entry on that word for both Greek and Hebrew.

Mark Eddy
12-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I am using BW8 and there are difference bewteen Hebrew Analysis Windows Lexicon's and Greek. Greek Lexicon Window shows all the Greek Lexicons but Hebrew only shows what I make a default lexicon. I want to see all the Hebrew lexicons at once as Greek does. Is there a way to do this? :)
The closest work-around for not having all the Hebrew lexicons display in the analysis window is to open the lexicon browser window in a different lexicon from the Hebrew lexicon you use in the analysis window. That way when you put the cursor over a word, it's lexical entry will display in the analysis window, and when you right click on the word you can select "Lookup Lemma in Lexicon Browser." The more lexicon browsers you open, the more lexicons you can see at one time. But it will take more clicks to see all the entries, and it will also cover more screen space.
The request has been made in the past to have all the Hebrew lexicons display in the analysis window, but I don't remember the reason given for why it would not work as easily. It may have something to do with the fact that the Hebrew lexicons often cannot agree on what lemma they believe underlies a given WTT word. But perhaps the programmers could revisit it if someone asks nicely :)
Mark Eddy