PDA

View Full Version : New Verse Notes Feature - BibleWorks 8

MBushell
12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
We just added a new feature to BibleWorks 8. The Find in Files feature that allows you to search note files has a new option to export the list of found files as a verse list. What this permits you to do is add a tag to user verse note files and create a verse list based on those tags. Added by user request.

Mike

Adelphos
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
We just added a new feature to BibleWorks 8. The Find in Files feature that allows you to search note files has a new option to export the list of found files as a verse list. What this permits you to do is add a tag to user verse note files and create a verse list based on those tags. Added by user request.

This is a great feature, but there are some problems, i.e., a number of verses which automatically exported to the search window display the verse AFTER the one in which the relative word in the note appears.

IOW, one of my exported verses is Matthew 8:14, but the actual note occurs in Matthew 8:13. This is the case with a number of notes.

MBushell
12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Scott. This is fixed now.
Mike

ISalzman
12-10-2009, 10:53 AM

Mike

I ditto Scott, Mike. This sounds like a great feature. By way of suggestion, I'd love it if a forthcoming edition of 'Classroom Tips' (whoever does those) could take up this very feature and show us how to use it and maximize our use of it. I hope I'm not out of place by making that suggestion in this forum.

Adelphos
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks Scott. This is fixed now.

Thanks, Mike. This is an OUTSTANDING new feature, for I have beaucoup notes, and now I can categorize them in a way I have not been able to.

For example, I have a TON of Burgon quotations in my notes. So now I search on "burgon", have all of the verses that contain that word exported to the search window, import all the verses into the VLM, and then...

yes, of course I must toot the BOSS horn here :eek:...

and then I save them and now I can CATEGORIZE them in the VLO component of BOSS.

Great feature. Thanks to whoever requested it.

Glenn Weaver
12-11-2009, 09:53 AM
We will being sending out a Classroom Tip in January about the new search and export feature.

Until that time, here are a couple of ideas to consider:

--Searching on a space will yield any verse note that has a note. This is a way to find all your verse notes.

--After searching on your notes, you can show the Stats Tab to see a graphical representation of what books, chapters, and verses have verse notes.

--You can use the Search Window verse list for a lot of different purposes, such as setting search limits and exporting Bible verses.

More ideas will come in the Classroom Tip.

ISalzman
12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
We will being sending out a Classroom Tip in January about the new search and export feature.

Until that time, here are a couple of ideas to consider:

--Searching on a space will yield any verse note that has a note. This is a way to find all your verse notes.

--After searching on your notes, you can show the Stats Tab to see a graphical representation of what books, chapters, and verses have verse notes.

--You can use the Search Window verse list for a lot of different purposes, such as setting search limits and exporting Bible verses.

More ideas will come in the Classroom Tip.

Wow, thanks Glenn. That will be great. I look forward to the January 'Classroom Tip.' (I look forward to all of them, actually!!)

Blessings at this season of advent.

Irving

Adelphos
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
We will being sending out a Classroom Tip in January about the new search and export feature... Searching on a space will yield any verse note that has a note. This is a way to find all your verse notes... After searching on your notes, you can show the Stats Tab to see a graphical representation of what books, chapters, and verses have verse notes.

This is very helpful to know. I'll look forward to the classroom tips as well. Now that you guys are issuing them on a weekly basis, I have learned a lot.

Precha1
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I'll look forward to the classroom tips as well. Now that you guys are issuing them on a weekly basis, I have learned a lot.

It certainly has helped me come to know the power of the program and the many unique capabilities. I routinely practice the classroom tips. Thanks.

ISalzman
12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Ditto. I find the Classroom Tips to be a great resource. I always read them in toto regardless of how busy I may be. I am always ready to improve my skills in and with BibleWorks.

Richard Syed
12-13-2009, 07:24 AM
This feature sounds exceedingly useful, and I look forward to further guidance. But I was interested to read here about Classroom Tips. I've been using BW for many years, and this is the first time I've heard of them. Where can I find them?

Ruben Gomez
12-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Here you are:

http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/

Excellent resource, if you ask me...

ISalzman
12-13-2009, 05:45 PM
This feature sounds exceedingly useful, and I look forward to further guidance. But I was interested to read here about Classroom Tips. I've been using BW for many years, and this is the first time I've heard of them. Where can I find them?

Richard, be sure you sign up for the Classroom Tips on the page Ruben provided you. That way, whenever the new Classroom Tip comes out (they used to come once a month; I think they are more frequent now), you'll get an e-mail sent to your inbox alerting you to the new tip. They really are a great resource.

calvary
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh my... this is unbelievable. I have hundreds upon hundreds of notes. What a GREAT feature.

Blessings to you all at BW.

Dave