PDA

View Full Version : Samaritan Pentateuch

ISalzman
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if the Samaritan Pentateuch is available in or for BW?

Ben Spackman
12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm fairly certain it is not. I'd be interested if it were.

ISalzman
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm fairly certain it is not. I'd be interested if it were.

Ditto for me; I'd also be interested. Count me in. I'm also interested in the Oxford Jewish Study Bible.

Precha1
12-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Tyndale House has the Samaritan Pentateuch avail from their free toolbar for IE. You can download it here www.tyndalehouse.com (http://www.tyndalehouse.com).

ISalzman
12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Tyndale House has the Samaritan Pentateuch avail from their free toolbar for IE. You can download it here www.tyndalehouse.com (http://www.tyndalehouse.com).

Thanks Precha1. Have you installed the toolbar yourself? I tend to be squeamish about adding 3rd party toolbars, browser add-ons, and helpers. Does it work well? Does it affect browsing speed? Sorry for all the questions. Don't say I didn't tell you I was squeamish of third party browser objects, though! :)

Precha1
12-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Thanks Precha1. Have you installed the toolbar yourself? :)

Yes, I have. It works like a champ and automaticaaly updates itself as the folks from Tyndale House make changes. Among a plethera of other things on the toolbar, you have at your finger tips 70+ English translations, Greek and Hebrew Bibles, and Ancient Bible Versions. You also have access to publications by Tyndale scholars.

Since most of my internet searching is dealing with biblical studies, the toolbar is quite handy.

ISalzman
12-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes, I have. It works like a champ and automaticaaly updates itself as the folks from Tyndale House make changes. Among a plethera of other things on the toolbar, you have at your finger tips 70+ English translations, Greek and Hebrew Bibles, and Ancient Bible Versions. You also have access to publications by Tyndale scholars.

Since most of my internet searching is dealing with biblical studies, the toolbar is quite handy.

Thanks for your response and appraisal.

Dale A. Brueggemann
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I too use the Tyndale House toolbar. Kudos to David Instone-Brewer for producing and maintaining it. It works great.

bkMitchell
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know if the Samaritan Pentateuch is available in or for BW?

Nope, it's not available.
Perhaps one day someone will license the following to Bibleworks:

The Mikraot Gedolot(2nd Rabbinic Bible) with Masorah
The photo facsimile edition of the Leningrad Codex
The Aleppo Codex
The Samaritan Pentateuch
Dead Sea Scroll Biblical manuscripts(in Hebrew)

I am more than happy with Bibleworks 8, but I'd love to have these resource in digital format and search able from with in BW8.