PDA

View Full Version : Command Line Cyrillic; CRV no Psalms?

ingosorke
12-04-2009, 03:03 PM
1) Does the CRV not contain Psalms? Don't have a print version to check.

2) When I switch to other languages, the command line keeps my US English keyboard entry format (for example, ZUR doesn't switch to German; Jakobus 1:1 is still found by entering "James 1:1"). But when I switch to cyrillic versions, the command line switches to a cyrillic keyboard. Is that intentional? How do I prevent that?

Спасибо.

Ingo

bobvenem
12-05-2009, 10:45 AM
The following copyright info attached to the CRV provides the answer:

Copyright and Source Information:

CRV

Contemporary Russion Version.
Old Testament (partial) and New Testament (complete).
(c) 2003 The Bible Society in Russia.

Version ID: CRV
Description: Contemporary Russian Version
Language: Cyrillic
Number of Books: 41
Number of Chapters: 707
Number of Verses: 19730
Number of Blank Verses: 20
Total Number of Words: 352469
Number of Unique Words: 34830
Current Verse: 1
Database Type: Bible Text Version
Books: Gen Exo Deu Jos Jdg Est Job Pro Ecc Isa Jer Lam Eze Dan Mat Mar Luk Joh Act Jam 1Pe 2Pe 1Jo 2Jo 3Jo Jud Rom 1Co 2Co Gal Eph Phi Col 1Th 2Th 1Ti 2Ti Tit Phm Heb Rev

Mark Eddy
12-05-2009, 11:36 AM
1) Does the CRV not contain Psalms? Don't have a print version to check.
Nyet.
If you place the cursor over CRV in the browse window, in the analysis window you will see the following:
Contemporary Russion Version.
Old Testament (partial) and New Testament (complete).
(c) 2003 The Bible Society in Russia.

The list of biblical books included in the CRV is listed as:
Gen Exo Deu Jos Jdg Est Job Pro Ecc Isa Jer Lam Eze Dan Mat Mar Luk Joh Act Jam 1Pe 2Pe 1Jo 2Jo 3Jo Jud Rom 1Co 2Co Gal Eph Phi Col 1Th 2Th 1Ti 2Ti Tit Phm Heb Rev

So the CRV does not yet contain the Psalms.

2) When I switch to other languages, the command line keeps my US English keyboard entry format (for example, ZUR doesn't switch to German; Jakobus 1:1 is still found by entering "James 1:1"). But when I switch to cyrillic versions, the command line switches to a cyrillic keyboard. Is that intentional?
Da.

How do I prevent that?
I believe that you do not want to prevent that.
If the keyboard does NOT switch to Cyrillic, then you cannot type in a word to search in Russian.
In other European languages, which use the Latin alphabet, you can use various keyboards and still type out the word you want to search (you just have to know where to find the characters on your keyboard. But for Cyrillic books there is no way to get the Cyrillic characters on an English or Western European keyboard. So, you want BW to switch to Cyrillic when your search version is Russian.

If you need help finding the correct characters on the Cyrillic keyboard, BibleWorks has the "BibleWorks Keyboard" window (click on the icon which looks like a computer key with a Greek alpha on it). Choose "Cyrillic" from the dropdown list at the top left of the BW Keyboard window, and there you will see which keys to use.
But, if you leave your search version Greek or Hebrew, and have a Cyrillic version included as a display version, you can search while using the "English" keyboard but read your text in Russian.
I hope this helps.
Dos vuidonya,
Mark Eddy

ingosorke
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
хорошо! Simple enough.