PDA

View Full Version : Citing Friberg Greek Lexicon

jhp1016
11-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi-I'm very new to Bibleworks and need help with this question.

In a paper, how do I cite information/reference material in the Bibliography? In my footnotes, how do I list page #'s when there are no pages?

Really appreciate help with this since I can't seem to locate the answer anywhere else!

Thank you!
Janet

arggem
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Janet!!

Welcome to the BibleWorks forum!!!

To start with, check out section 62 of the help file. It deals with bibliographic entries.

Bibliography Entries

BibleWorks provides bibliography entries for all of the databases and certain tools in BibleWorks. These entries are useful for providing source citations in academic papers.

Below are links to preformatted bibliography and footnote entries formatted according to common style manuals. Also included are instructions for how to install the Zotero bibliography plugin for the Firefox web browser and import the BibleWorks bibliography file into Zotero.

But here is the bibliographic entry for MLA for Friberg:

Friberg, Timothy, and Barbara Friberg. Analytical Greek New Testament (GNM). 2nd ed. n.p.: Timothy and Barbara Friberg, 1994. <BibleWorks, v.8.>.

Please post back if you have further questions.

Glenn Weaver
12-01-2009, 11:01 AM
The instructions for obtaining the copyright information were good. You can also access this information by going to Help | Show Bibliographic Information. This opens the Help file to the proper chapter.

Here is the information for the LEXICON, rather than the morph-tagged Greek text. The information is in Chicago format, for both bibliography and footnote:

Friberg, Timothy, Barbara Friberg, and Neva F. Miller. Analytical Lexicon to the Greek New Testament. Baker's Greek New Testament Library. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2000. BibleWorks, v.8.

Timothy Friberg, Barbara Friberg, and Neva F. Miller, Analytical Lexicon to the Greek New Testament, Baker's Greek New Testament Library (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2000), BibleWorks, v.8.

jhp1016
12-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you so very much for all your help!