PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite romantic song??

zombiember
11-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Which are your favorite romantic songs??

My favorite Top five Romantic songs
Here are from my choice:

How Do I Live, Trisha Yearwood
I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston
You Light up My Life,Debby Boone
My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
Will Always Love You,Dolly Parton

I hope you like one of them..

bobvenem
11-28-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Sansom48
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
hmmmmm, it is a hard question, I mean "I will always love you" is good, but "spam" I mean that is a classic. This might not be always the most known song, but I also like "changes" by Black Sabbath, I know that might put me in the outs, but I can't help it, it is a song that can get stuck in my head at times.

jimofbentley
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
You Are Loved - Whitney Houston
I Honestly love you - Olivia Newton John
Everybody loves somebody, sometime - Dean Martin
Country Bumpkin - Cal Smith
I Love Little Baby Ducks - Tom T Hall

ISalzman
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
What about Nat King Cole, Unforgettable?

jimofbentley
11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
What about Nat King Cole, Unforgettable?

:eek: I forgot!

But then, I was limitted to only five.

Michael Hanel
11-30-2009, 06:54 PM
:eek: I forgot!

But then, I was limitted to only five.

Consider the whole topic was begun by a spam-bot, I don't think anyone will mind if you don't follow the rules :p

Dale A. Brueggemann
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Which are your favorite romantic songs?

Jesus Loves Me
Jesus, Lover of My Soul

arggem
11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Consider the whole topic was begun by a spam-bot, I don't think anyone will mind if you don't follow the rules :p

LOL! Nice.

ISalzman
12-01-2009, 09:15 AM

You're absolutely correct. But, just the same, it wasn't a bad question. In my humble opinion, this has been the best posts by a spam-bot yet! Perhaps we can consider a followup question: What are your top five posts by spam-bots in these BW forums? :D This one is at the top of my list. And, no, you don't have to follow the rules on this one. :)

ISalzman
12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Jesus Loves Me
Jesus, Lover of My Soul

On a totally different subject: I noticed, in your signature verse from Ezra, in the two words with holam vowels, the distance between the consonants created to accommodate the Holam between them is excessively large. Is this a font problem or Unicode problem?

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 10:07 AM
This is a little weird. I got an e-mail this morning informing me that JimofBentley had posted to this thread (since I, myself, am subscribed to it). But when I came to this thread in the forum, lo and behold, Jim's post was not to be found. Somehow, it must have gotten deleted? At any rate, Jim, if you're out there, I thought you brought up a fascinating point, and one that's not often discussed. I'd love it if you could re-post it and begin the discussion.

Dale A. Brueggemann
12-02-2009, 05:17 PM
...in your signature verse from Ezra, in the two words with holam vowels, the distance between the consonants created to accommodate the Holam between them is excessively large. Is this a font problem or Unicode problem?

The spacing is perfect on my display; I wonder if your display uses a different Hebrew font or some other Unicode work-around that doesn't quite cut it on this one.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 05:29 PM
The spacing is perfect on my display; I wonder if your display uses a different Hebrew font or some other Unicode work-around that doesn't quite cut it on this one.

Really? The words חֹק and לַעֲשֹׂת don't look abnormally spaced to you? Not that I'm disbelieving you, but even in my post here, they look abnormally spaced. Is it a problem on my system? I'm still running Windows XP, by the way. And BW8.

jimofbentley
12-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Really? The words חֹק and לַעֲשֹׂת don't look abnormally spaced to you? Not that I'm disbelieving you, but even in my post here, they look abnormally spaced. Is it a problem on my system? I'm still running Windows XP, by the way. And BW8.

I'm running the same system - and have the same display problem.

Adelphos
12-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm running XP, BW8, and the display is perfect in Ezra 7:10

Michael Hanel
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Odd. I am running XP and it looks atrocious (both in Firefox and IE). Compare that font to this site's (http://www.dailyhebrew.com/). Daily Hebrew comes out great on my computer (standard unicode look), but the one here looks like an archaic font.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Yes, yes, yes. It looks great in BW. But look at Dale Brueggeman's posts. He has Ezra 7:10 as his signature (in his posts). Does it look properly spaced to you there (i.e., in Dale's signature)?

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Odd. I am running XP and it looks atrocious (both in Firefox and IE). Compare that font to this site's (http://www.dailyhebrew.com/). Daily Hebrew comes out great on my computer (standard unicode look), but the one here looks like an archaic font.

Wow, great website, Michael. Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked the site.

I think the problem with the fonts is that they look good in BW, but when you export them, they don't seem to fare well in Firefox (don't know about IE since I almost never use it anymore). BW seems to export okay to MS Word though.

Adelphos
12-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Yes, yes, yes. It looks great in BW. But look at Dale Brueggeman's posts. He has Ezra 7:10 as his signature (in his posts). Does it look properly spaced to you there (i.e., in Dale's signature)?

Yes, Dale's signature looks perfectly fine.

You and Michael clearly have some spiritual issues, or you wouldn't be getting a bad display. :cool:

And Michael, I say Amen to Irving's comment on the Daily Hebrew site. I have also bookmarked it.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes, Dale's signature looks perfectly fine.

You and Michael clearly have some spiritual issues, or you wouldn't be getting a bad display. :cool:

And Michael, I say Amen to Irving's comment on the Daily Hebrew site. I have also bookmarked it.

Scott, in particular, did you look at the words in Dale's signature that I referenced above (hoq and la'asot)? Do they not appear improperly spaced? How about in my post above? Do the same words look correctly spaced? Also, what web browser are you using? I'm using Firefox.

Also, one other question. When posting messages in this forum, there is a font box. When I click on the down arrow in that box, I don't see SBL Hebrew as one of the choices. If I'm not mistaken, isn't SBL Hebrew the unicode font?

Michael Hanel
12-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow, great website, Michael. Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked the site.

I think the problem with the fonts is that they look good in BW, but when you export them, they don't seem to fare well in Firefox (don't know about IE since I almost never use it anymore). BW seems to export okay to MS Word though.

Point of clarification, just to make sure it came through with what Irving said. Hebrew fonts are fine in BibleWorks, the issue being noted here is specific to the web browser and the forums.

Michael Hanel
12-02-2009, 09:22 PM

You'll have to say thanks to the Daily Hebrew blogger. It is indeed an awesome site and surely is a labor of love. I hope someone out there is saving all the stuff on that website because it will be a very sad day if that blog ever disappeared into the digital night.

Adelphos
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Scott, in particular, did you look at the words in Dale's signature that I referenced above (hoq and la'asot)? Do they not appear improperly spaced? How about in my post above? Do the same words look correctly spaced? Also, what web browser are you using? I'm using Firefox.

Dale's sig is perfect. The words in your post are not displayed properly, i.e., there are a couple of unauthorized spaces.

I'm running IE 8

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Point of clarification, just to make sure it came through with what Irving said. Hebrew fonts are fine in BibleWorks, the issue being noted here is specific to the web browser and the forums.

Good clarification. That's exactly what I meant, even if I wasn't optimally clear.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
You'll have to say thanks to the Daily Hebrew blogger. It is indeed an awesome site and surely is a labor of love. I hope someone out there is saving all the stuff on that website because it will be a very sad day if that blog ever disappeared into the digital night.

Do you know who the blogger responsible for the site is? I didn't see it prominently displayed when I checked it out before. I wasn't looking too closely, mind you.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Dale's sig is perfect. The words in your post are not displayed properly, i.e., there are a couple of unauthorized spaces.

I'm running IE 8

Hmmmm..... I just tried viewing this forum with IE 8 and Dale's signature looks every bit as bad in IE 8 as it does in Firefox.

If you're able to check this for me, Scott, what Hebrew fonts are available to you when you post a message? The only ones available to me are bwhebl and bwhebb. I don't know whether this has any significance with respect to the current problem. But I believe neither of those two fonts are unicode-based. I believe SBLHebrew is the unicode-based font. And that's not a choice for me when I go to post a message.

Adelphos
12-02-2009, 10:59 PM
If you're able to check this for me, Scott, what Hebrew fonts are available to you when you post a message? The only ones available to me are bwhebl and bwhebb. I don't know whether this has any significance with respect to the current problem. But I believe neither of those two fonts are unicode-based. I believe SBLHebrew is the unicode-based font. And that's not a choice for me when I go to post a message.

I have only the same two fonts available as well. It's possible that Firefox altered something in your registry or system configuration which causes the fonts to display differently, but I couldn't even begin to tell you where to start looking for a culprit.

Michael Hanel
12-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Do you know who the blogger responsible for the site is? I didn't see it prominently displayed when I checked it out before. I wasn't looking too closely, mind you.

I do not know the blogger personally, but (s)he lists a contact email address at the end of this page (http://www.dailyhebrew.com/about/).

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I have only the same two fonts available as well. It's possible that Firefox altered something in your registry or system configuration which causes the fonts to display differently, but I couldn't even begin to tell you where to start looking for a culprit.

Thanks for checking, Scott! I don't know if it's a Firefox issue; IE 8 didn't seem to do the trick. I just don't know. What's funny is that holam vav displays fine. Holam by itself poses the problem. Hey, I just had a stroke of genius. Defective spelling is supposed to be defective, n'est-ce pas? Kidding aside, the weird spacing kills me. I'll have to make use of the vowel letters (maters lectionis) and restrict myself to full spelling (malei) from now on.

ISalzman
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
I do not know the blogger personally, but (s)he lists a contact email address at the end of this page (http://www.dailyhebrew.com/about/).

Thanks Michael.

Dale A. Brueggemann
12-03-2009, 02:38 PM
How does my signature's spacing look now?

Adelphos
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM

The dot above the sin takes a space by itself, i.e., before the tav, so it's not like your previous sig. Same with the hey-qof, i.e., the holem appears in a space by itself.

ISalzman
12-03-2009, 03:03 PM

It looks the same to me as before. The Holam vowel, when not combined with a vav, takes an entire space by itself. That shouldn't be. Holam should be above and only slightly to the left of the consonant that it goes with. It should not take an entire space by itself. It is not a letter or consonant; it is a vowel pointing.

Again, I don't know if this a problem with the display on my system, or if this is a font problem. I don't know.

Edit: In terms of spacing, it looks the same as before. But the font size appears smaller. And I believe you had the text of it bolded before.