PDA

View Full Version : CL Search & Stats

Adelphos
11-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Can anyone reproduce this...

Do a CL search, i.e., type in a single word search on the CL. Do the stats appear in the bottom left of BW on the status line?

Mine does not. I have the latest update.

If I double-click a word, the stats show up, but doing a CL search, they don't.

Again, can anyone running the latest update reproduce this?

Michael Hanel
11-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Can anyone reproduce this...

Do a CL search, i.e., type in a single word search on the CL. Do the stats appear in the bottom left of BW on the status line?

Mine does not. I have the latest update.

If I double-click a word, the stats show up, but doing a CL search, they don't.

Again, can anyone running the latest update reproduce this?

Confirmed.

Mark Eddy
11-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't have the problem here. I searched in Hebrew and Greek by typing a lemma on the command line. And I get stats.
Mark Eddy
Oops! I wrote too soon. I was using 13x. I now downloaded 13y, and I don't see the stats. But I don't see them for either command line searches or searches done by clicking on a word.

ccozier
11-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm running 13y.1 and I can do a single word search from the command line and I get stats.

bobvenem
11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
My results are the same as Scott and Michael.

However, the problem only manifested itself after I had attempted a couple of searches, both by double-clicking and by direct CL entry. The problem occurred the first time I switched to a different language search on the CL; up to that point, no problem.

Additionally, right-clicking and selecting "search on form" produces stats; selecting "search on lemma" does not.

Finally, it's not that the stats don't appear; they do flash on the screen, but disappear immediately.

Adelphos
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping someone from BW will read this thread and take note. In the meantime, however, I am sending a report via email.

Thanks to everyone for checking this out.

ISalzman
11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know when 13y.1 was posted? I assume that to be the latest program executable? Thanks.

Ken Neighoff
11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I saw it yesterday morning, November 10th.

ISalzman
11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I saw it yesterday morning, November 10th.

Thanks Ken. I just went to check which version of the program executable I have. I've got 13w.1, so, apparently, I don't have the latest executable. But with the bug reported in this thread, I'll probably just sit tight for now and wait till a fix is released.

Adelphos
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
For those who may need the stats tab to work right away, as I do, you can revert to the previous BW executable. Go to the File menu and choose Checkpoints | Restore/Delete Checkpoint and then choose the option you want.

MGVH
11-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm using 13w and went to do the 13y update but received an error about file size.

The stats are showing after doing a CL search, but the other elements of the status line at the bottom are disappearing / reappearing randomly after doing various types of searches.

ISalzman
11-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm using 13w and went to do the 13y update but received an error about file size.

The stats are showing after doing a CL search, but the other elements of the status line at the bottom are disappearing / reappearing randomly after doing various types of searches.

Hey Mark, like you, I am still using 13w. When I opened up BW this morning, the automatic updater alerted me to the fact that 13y is now available. However, contrary to what I normally do, this time I closed out of the updater without applying any changes. Given the "buggyness" reported in this thread, I am leery of doing the update. Do you (or anyone else following this thread) recommend skipping the update at this time until the bug can be fixed?

Adelphos
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Do you (or anyone else following this thread) recommend skipping the update at this time until the bug can be fixed?

If you don't mind the missing stats, the update shouldn't pose any problems. For myself, however, I have reverted back to x.1 until it gets worked out.

ISalzman
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
If you don't mind the missing stats, the update shouldn't pose any problems. For myself, however, I have reverted back to x.1 until it gets worked out.

Thanks. I think the missing stats would probably bug me. So I'm going to hold off on any updates till a fix has been posted.

By the way, no one has commented on this in this thread, but are the stats also missing on the stats tab in the analysis window as a result of y.1?

MBushell
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
This was an unanticipated side effect of a fix posted yesterday. It has been fixed and posted. Sorry bout that.
Mike

P.S. This is not an example of someone jumping the support queue. When I post a fix I always check the forum to make sure the fix didn't break something. Just have to make that clear given recent discussions. Sigh.

P.S.S. Our offices are shut down today and probably tomorrow because of flooding in the area, so normal channels will be clogged for a few days. Our offices are OK but the parking lot is under several feet of water.

Adelphos
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Much obliged for the fix. People are swimming to work down here, too.

ISalzman
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Mike. I hope the flooding dissipates quickly for you guys.

Irving