PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste simple clean translation

Roy Ciampa
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I want to copy and paste parts of the translation from the browse window without including the footnote reference letters found, for example, here: "Now the earth was1 formlessa and empty,b darkness was over the surface of the deep,c and the Spirit of Godd was hoveringe over the waters. 3 And God said,a "Let there be light," and there was light.b"

It is a lot of work to go through and removing the unwanted bits. Is there a setting for this, or do I need to use another approach to copying the translation?

Thanks,

Roy

Adelphos
11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I want to copy and paste parts of the translation from the browse window without including the footnote reference letters found...

You have notes or something equivalent turned on. I don't know what search version you are using, but there are options to turn off these notes so that they do not appear in the Browse window.

Roy Ciampa
11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
That's what I was expecting, but I cannot find what that option might be. The "Include Translator Notes" box is not checked...

Michael Hanel
11-07-2009, 04:26 PM
That's what I was expecting, but I cannot find what that option might be. The "Include Translator Notes" box is not checked...

Did you try toggling the notes (click in the browse window and press "N" or double click Tr Notes at the bottom of the screen)? If they are toggled off, they don't paste, if they are on, they do.

Roy Ciampa
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
That's it! Simply pressing N. Thanks so much!

Michael Hanel
11-07-2009, 04:35 PM
That's it! Simply pressing N. Thanks so much!

Sometimes the easiest solution is the most difficult to think of :)

Mark Eddy
11-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Also on the button bar is a button with a what looks like a musical note. Clicking that also toggles the version notes on or off.
Mark Eddy

ISalzman
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Also on the button bar is a button with a what looks like a musical note. Clicking that also toggles the version notes on or off.
Mark Eddy

I don't think that the button to which you refer is one of the default buttons on the button bar. I believe you have to manually add it (Buttonbar setup) before it will show up on the buttonbar.

You can also doubleclick 'Tr Notes' on the Status bar at the bottom of the program window. That will also toggle the notes on and off.

ISalzman
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Something weird is happening. My last post in this thread, which I wrote almost a half an hour ago, says the the time it was posted was 9:11 P.M. But as I write this current post, it is still only 8:37 P.M. my time. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone. Any reason why the times would be off?

Edit: Whoa, my earlier post now says it was posted at 8:11 P.M.