PDA

View Full Version : Formatting Help

ddyke
08-23-2004, 01:19 PM
I have an old program that contains the text of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and it allows me to export the version. I am going to try and compile it for use in Bible Works. Would someone format the following verses for me correctly so I don't screw the whole project up and have to reinstall like was implied in the manual?

Dan

Gen 1:1
1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2
2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
Gen 1:3
3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

Ben Spackman
08-23-2004, 05:10 PM
The NWT is already available for compiling.
See this thread here.http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385

ddyke
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
I am trying to make sure of the format as I have a few Bibles that are not available and legal to download at least, but I have legal copies from older pieces of software. Lets pretend this is the fgdjghdkf version. How do I format it?

Dan

Philip Brown
08-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Gen 1:1
1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2
2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
Gen 1:3
3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.
It should look like this:
Gen 1:1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.Gen 1:2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

Save it as a text file.
Create a new .ddf file
Give it a unique version ID, like NWT
Give it a description
check the install after compiling box and
Hit compile.

I did everything I just detailed with the verses above and it was installed in BW without a hitch.

Hope that helps

ddyke
08-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks, that was what I needed