PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks crashes from nul results of search

CEWilliams
10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Whenever there are no hits for a word search, BW crashes and must be restarted. Is this just an issue on my computer or with my BW installation or has anyone else had this problem.
For example, some Greek words do not occur in the New Testament in one or more of their forms. If the search term is one of those specific forms that does not occur, BW tells me there were no hits and then says BW 8.0 has stopped working and must close, then it shuts down. ?????? Any ideas?

Adelphos
10-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Whenever there are no hits for a word search, BW crashes and must be restarted. Is this just an issue on my computer or with my BW installation or has anyone else had this problem.
For example, some Greek words do not occur in the New Testament in one or more of their forms. If the search term is one of those specific forms that does not occur, BW tells me there were no hits and then says BW 8.0 has stopped working and must close, then it shuts down. ?????? Any ideas?

If possible, please give us an exact example. For instance, post the exact word that you search on which gives you the crash.

richardsugg
10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I tried this with GNT and NAU searching for .alpha alpha alpha and .aaa respectively and got a standard error message but no crash. In addition to the search string, which version(s) were you searching?

MBushell
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Make sure you are running the latest executable (8.0.013p). A bug like this was fixed several weeks ago I believe. But a specific example would help.
Mike