PDA

View Full Version : Muraoka's LXX Lexicon

tfjern
10-22-2009, 12:44 PM
It would be nice if T. Muraoka's "A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint" (2009) was added to BibleWorks 8. Any chance of this happening?

bkMitchell
10-22-2009, 09:04 PM
It would be nice if T. Muraoka's "A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint" (2009) was added to BibleWorks 8. Any chance of this happening?

I'm guessing it would really depend on the amount of demand they receive from Bibleworks users. And, even after that they'd have to acquire a license for it, and type it in (if there isn't already a digital version of it.) I doubt very seriously that any company is going to be able to simply add something that new in for free.

It is of note that there are some decent Greek lexicons for Bibleworks already:

LEHS
A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Revised Edition, edited by Johan Lust, Erik Eynikel, and Katrin Hauspie, 2003 Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart. Is already included in Bibleworks8 if you upgraded from version 7 to version 8. And, it is only 25 USD to add if you don't already, have it.

and the excellent
LSJM
A Greek-English Lexicon, 9th Revised Edition, by Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, Henry Stuart Jones, and Robert McKenzie. Copyright Oxford University Press 1996. For 135 USD.

regards,
Brian

tfjern
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Your comments are, frankly, irrelevant because we already know, for example, that BW8 includes LEHS and LSJM, and so on. Muraoka's LXX lexicon (2009 edition) is arguably better than the other two, and hopefully will be included in future upgrades. I would gladly pay extra if it were a module.

jdarlack
10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
The key thing here is DEMAND... If there is enough demand for this lexicon, then it will be worth the cost it would take to purchase the licensing rights and digitize it (though I am certain this would not have to be a complex scan & OCR process given that it was recently published). The same thing is to be said about the NETS (http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/)! If there's enough demand, then BW will be more inclined to include it. So, let your voice be heard. Send in the suggestion!

In case you didn't hear me...

They won't know there's demand unless you speak up (http://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html)!