PDA

View Full Version : Question about inserting Scripture references

tmssteve
08-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I know BW automatically puts the book and reference at the beginning of each section of Scripture that I cut and paste. However, is there a way to get it to do this for each verse if I cut and paste, say, 10 verses at one time?

For example, instead of this (bold added only for illustration):
1 Timothy 3:4-5 4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?);

How do I get this?
1 Timothy 3:4 4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 1 Timothy 3:5 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?).

If anyone can resolve this (without resorting to cutting and pasting one verse at a time), I'd be most grateful.

Joe Fleener
08-20-2004, 01:41 PM
This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but here is an option:

This example will use the copy center rather than simply highlighting in the results window and doing a copy/paste.

1. Go to tools - copy center

2. Select Range of verses

3. Type in your range (1 Timothy 3:4-5)

4. Select your version (NAS in my example)

5. If you have a document open select "Copy to application with this title" and select the document from the drop down.

6. Click on Format Options

7. Under Miscellaneous only check User Defined book names.

8. Uncheck all three options under Remove Interior

9. Check all options you prefer under Include. I have all checked except Translator Notes.

10. Click OK

11. Click copy

Here are my results:

NAS 1 Timothy 3:4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity

NAS 1 Timothy 3:5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?);

I am not sure it is exactly what you wanted since the verses are on seperate lines. But maybe it is close.

tmssteve
08-24-2004, 03:34 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.