PDA

View Full Version : Loading Bibleworks on more than one computer

Galatian7
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I just purchased BW 8. I was about to load it to my desktop and my laptop. I remember seeing an activation feature. I'm just wondering if there's anything to be aware of when I upload it to both -- any certain codes I need to enter or settings to enable before I begin uploading it to both computers. I'm trying to avoid an error message on the second computer such as (This copy of BW is already registered and in use).

Thanks.

Chris

Adelphos
10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
You will have no problems unless you try to back up your activation files in the init folder. They do not transfer from computer to computer well. See this thread...

http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3753&highlight=problem+solved

Galatian7
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
It basically sounds like you're saying leaving the ACV files alone. This is all beyond my expertise. I'm just looking to avoid problems with activation on more than one machine. It sounds like you're saying that I should expect not problems.

What if I have to reformat a computer down the road and reload BW?

Chris

Adelphos
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
It basically sounds like you're saying leaving the ACV files alone. This is all beyond my expertise. I'm just looking to avoid problems with activation on more than one machine. It sounds like you're saying that I should expect not problems.

What if I have to reformat a computer down the road and reload BW?

Chris

Just do it. You should have no problems whatsoever, especially if you're not synching your computers.