PDA

View Full Version : Flash Card Problem

Howard Flynn
08-18-2004, 10:38 PM
I am working in Proverbs 10;24-25. To learn the vocabulary I set the flash cards up for those verses and learn the words. However, when I close the module my program goes crazy. When I put the cursor over a word it gives the wrong definition. When I close and reopen the program, instead of going back to where I left off, the program takes me to some arbitrary verse with the wtm database included. Finally the full word list box [no 3] shows blurry words and when you click on one of them you get an error message.

Howard Flynn

jdarlack
08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Hi Howard,

I cannot repeat the same glitch. I filtered a vocabulary list for only chapters 10, 24 and 25 in Proverbs (no other filters). I then ran through a few of the words on the list and closed the vocab module. Then I went to the results window and ran my cursor over the WTT and everything seemed fine and dandy. I reopened the module, ran through some more words, closed it and still no prob. Am I missing any other steps that may have led to the glitch?
~Jim

Howard Flynn
08-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Try this. Turn to Proverbs 10:24. Then open the flashcard window and filter the vocab for only Proverbs 10:24-25. Go through a word or two and then close the flashcard window. Then close Bibleworks. wait a moment and then open it up. What version do you see on the screen. On my laptop I have Proverbs 8:9 with the wtm as the search version. On my desktop I get Malachi 4:6, again with the wtm as the search version.

Howard Flynn

Howard Flynn
08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Here is a more complete description. I have the nau as the search version and the wtt as a display version. I enter proverbs 10:24 on the command line. Then I open the flash cards and filter out everything except Proverbs 10:24-25. I do several flashcards and then close the module. Then I close BW. When I reopen it, it goes to Proverbs 8:9 with the nau as the search version and the wtm and wtt as display versions. Why does it default to proverbs 8:9 instead of 10:24 which was where I was working. This happens both on the laptop and desktop.
I am using 6.0.010u

Howard Flynn