PDA

View Full Version : Showing pointed text in colors..

MBD
10-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I want to demonstrate to my intro to the OT class what the MT did. None of them reads Hebrew, but I wanted to create a PowerPoint presentation that
1. shows the unpointed consonantal text
2. then I would love to click and have vowels appear in a contrasting color
3. then have disjunctive accents appear (as "punctuation") in a different color.
4. then show the masorah parva (in yes a different color).
I am just interested in showing them the types of information and interpretative devices the MT added. Do I have the ability in BW8 to bring in each of these categories separately and in a different color?

ISalzman
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I want to demonstrate to my intro to the OT class what the MT did. None of them reads Hebrew, but I wanted to create a PowerPoint presentation that
1. shows the unpointed consonantal text
2. then I would love to click and have vowels appear in a contrasting color
3. then have disjunctive accents appear (as "punctuation") in a different color.
4. then show the masorah parva (in yes a different color).
I am just interested in showing them the types of information and interpretative devices the MT added. Do I have the ability in BW8 to bring in each of these categories separately and in a different color?

I don't believe the Masorah Parva is included with and in BW. I will step aside and allow someone with more experience in highlighting than I to answer the rest of your question. Good question, by the way!

Adelphos
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
BW has the Quere/Kethib, which you can display or not display. It does not, of course, contain the Masorah Magnus or the Masorah Finalis.

You can also toggle the points to display/not display in the WTT. But in order to get variable colors would take some work. You might have to export/recompile the WTT database into different forms to get what you want.