PDA

View Full Version : Manual Update

jtc00
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Before I formally request support, anybody tried the manual update method?
I don't connect the PC with BW8 to the internet, so that's why I'm opting for manual.
Unfortunately, it seems the directions are wrong, or I'm not reading them right...it says to double-click the .pbn file that you download, but Vista doesn't have any idea what to do with a .pbn file. Anybody else have this problem? Solution?

Adelphos
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Unfortunately, it seems the directions are wrong, or I'm not reading them right...it says to double-click the .pbn file that you download, but Vista doesn't have any idea what to do with a .pbn file. Anybody else have this problem? Solution?

I don't have Vista, but I think you can right-click on the .pbn file and then choose "Open With", then Browse for BW800.EXE and select that file to open the .pbn file. You can also check the box to open .pbn files always with the BW file.

jtc00
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks Adelphos, but I just found http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2575.html.
I'm surprised the instructions still haven't been corrected since BW7...no matter, all is well now.
Thanks again.