PDA

View Full Version : Make verse list via WLM

Wijnand
09-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Is it possible to make a lexicon of all the words which do occur more than once in all the pastoral epistles sorted bij frequency? I know how to make the list in WLM but then I want to have the list as word-document, and not only their place in the PE but the whole verse. And if possible I do the search in the BGT but want the list in the dutch SVV. Is this possible and if yes, how can I do this? Thanks for your help.

Adelphos
09-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Is it possible to make a lexicon of all the words which do occur more than once in all the pastoral epistles sorted bij frequency? I know how to make the list in WLM but then I want to have the list as word-document, and not only their place in the PE but the whole verse. And if possible I do the search in the BGT but want the list in the dutch SVV. Is this possible and if yes, how can I do this? Thanks for your help.

First off, I can't really help you until you tell me how to pronounce your name. :p

To do what you want to do, if I understand you correctly, will take a combination of the WLM and the VLM.

In order to specify the whole verse for a particular word in the WLM, it's going to take quite a bit of manual work.

First you will have to choose the word from the WLM, then you will have to set your search limits to the PE and then perform a search on that word.

Once you've done that, you now import your search results into the VLM. You can now copy those results into Word. You can do this by choosing the Copy to Editor option from within the VLM and then copy again to get it to the clipboard, or you can open the file with my program, VLO, and copy directly to the clipboard. Then you simply paste into Word.

Unless somebody else knows of a better way, I think you are going to have to do this for each and every word.

With regard to the Dutch SVV, you can use your WLM and VLM results to limit the search. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Adelphos
09-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually, I forgot... instead of importing into the VLM, you can copy your search results directly to the clipboard. But if you want to save your search results into a workable file, you import into the VLM. You can also then combine these files for a master list of verses for your WLM words.

Wijnand
09-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Thank you for your answer, Scott. I already thought it's gonna be some work. I wanted a list of all the words which occur twice or more in the PE except the very common words. When I double-click on a word in de list made in the WLM I get the occurences in the search-window. But now I want all the words from the row in the WLM as verses of occurence in alphabetical orderas a word document. Of course the way you described will work, but that's a lot of work. Anyway thank you for your time.
As for the pronunciation of my name, it's "Why-nend" but the "Why" is short and the two words are taken together.

Adelphos
09-26-2009, 07:21 AM
But now I want all the words from the row in the WLM as verses of occurence in alphabetical orderas a word document. Of course the way you described will work, but that's a lot of work.

Yes, it's quite a bit of work, and I don't think there's any way around that, but perhaps someone else can chime in if they know of a better way.

Noel Fitzpatrick
09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I am also interested in word list studies in the PEs. I would like to have more information about your studies and results.

Wijnand
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I think that's not so useful, Noel. I have to give three lectures on Titus and want to show the relation to 1 and 2 Timothy. I'm just a lay preacher, preaching for "ordinary christians" (whatever that may be in the light of our blessings in Christ). So "study results" is quite a big word for my efforts. Now I will just search for the words while I'm reading through the verses. Anyway, thank you for your interest.