PDA

View Full Version : Use of ISBE outside of Bibleworks

kdlitwak
08-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Since the version of ISBE that is in Bibleworks 6 is quite old, I'm assuming that it is no longer under copyright protection, so that if I wanted to copy and paste multiple article from it elsewhere, that would be legal. Is that correct? What I want to do is copy a few articles to the course documents for an online course I am teaching, to help make up for the terrible OT survey book I'm required to teach from (Boadt). Thanks.

Ken Litwak

Joe Fleener
08-08-2004, 08:30 PM
The information in BW for the ISBE states:

"ISBE, The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, 1915, 1st Edition, from Dr. Stanley Morris, IBT, 1997. Original unabridged edition. James Orr, M.A., D.D. General Editor. John L. Nuelsen, D.D., LL.D. Edgar Y. Mullins, D.D., LL.D. Assistant Editors. Morris O. Evans, D.D., PhD. Managing Editor. (Melvin Grove Kyle, D.D., JJ.D. Revising Editor. Revision published in 1939 by Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.)"

1915 would put it into public domain. You could footnote the sections you use as being from the electronic edition from BibleWorks. This would make sure your bases are covered.