PDA

View Full Version : BW Web Buttons

MTan
09-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Hello Friends,

For fans who would like to put a BW web button on their websites/blogs, I have created some buttons and posted them to the downloads page:
http://www.bibleworks.com/webbuttons.html

For full-screen fun, click here:
http://www.bibleworks.com/downloads/webbutton/BW8button-SF.swf

Michael

SCSaunders
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Very, very nice. Thank you.

EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael, these are awesome. For some reason, it's not working in Google Chrome (at least for my dip site). It's working perfectly in Firefox and IE.

Caveat, it's the carpenter and not the tools. So, I'm sure I dorked Dreamweaver. If you can think of some code reason and have the time to share the answer, I'd be appreciative. If not, nor worries. The hyperlink still works in Google Chrome and people will still get to your site. FWIW.

Double Edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never mind. Google Chrome must have a different cache cleaning system or whatever. Works fine.

SkipB
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I now have a BW8 button on my site. Really cool, love it. http://www.romans12two.net/page2.html

ISalzman
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I now have a BW8 button on my site. Really cool, love it. http://www.romans12two.net/page2.html

Hey Skip, I clicked on the link to your site and saw that you are an OT Prof at Reformed Episcopal Seminary. I was just curious to know who are your favorite "go to" Hebrew grammarians and exegetical guys, if you don't mind my asking.

Irving

SkipB
09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Irving, sorry could not respond sooner, I was teaching an Old Testament Biblical Theology course in Brooklyn yesterday. Makes for a long day commuting from Philly. My first recourse is ALWAYS the scripture index in Waltke and O'Conner. I've used them for 20 years and feel very comfortable with the book. (And paid dearly for it almost $100 when first came out). I check Keil & Delitzch of course. Depending on the location, some of the old Anchor Bible authors were great Hebraic scholars, for more modern commentators I will check the Word commentaries. Hope that helps.

ISalzman
09-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Irving, sorry could not respond sooner, I was teaching an Old Testament Biblical Theology course in Brooklyn yesterday. Makes for a long day commuting from Philly. My first recourse is ALWAYS the scripture index in Waltke and O'Conner. I've used them for 20 years and feel very comfortable with the book. (And paid dearly for it almost $100 when first came out). I check Keil & Delitzch of course. Depending on the location, some of the old Anchor Bible authors were great Hebraic scholars, for more modern commentators I will check the Word commentaries. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answer, Skip. Do you guys have an extension campus in Brooklyn? I know what the commute is like. I'm doing my MDiv at PBU (Langhorne) and commute from North Jersey.

Do you have Waltke and O'Connor in BibleWorks? (I do and am grateful for it) Also, are you familiar with any of the grammars of Paige Kelley, Allen Ross, Pratico and Van Pelt, John Sailhamer, etc.? Do you like any of them?

SkipB
09-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey, I have a good friend doing his MDiv at PBU right now, he's almost done. No, we don't have an extension campus, we are offering the course at Elim International Fellowship, it's sort of an experiment. As far as Grammars go, it is so subjective. I have used Kelly, and I love the charts that Pratico and Van Pelt published to go along with their grammar. Never used Sailhammer's. I think it is important to find a grammar that fits your teaching style. I have used Seow for quite a few years. Since we do Hebrew in a single 4 hour block class format, Seow just fits my rhythm. I learned with Lambdin, I hated it as a student, and then realized how good it was when I finally learned Hebrew. Odd how that works, isn't it? I know you've just started back for the fall, I hope you keep it all together, I will remember you, when I pray for my friend Roger there at PBU.

ISalzman
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey, I have a good friend doing his MDiv at PBU right now, he's almost done. No, we don't have an extension campus, we are offering the course at Elim International Fellowship, it's sort of an experiment. As far as Grammars go, it is so subjective. I have used Kelly, and I love the charts that Pratico and Van Pelt published to go along with their grammar. Never used Sailhammer's. I think it is important to find a grammar that fits your teaching style. I have used Seow for quite a few years. Since we do Hebrew in a single 4 hour block class format, Seow just fits my rhythm. I learned with Lambdin, I hated it as a student, and then realized how good it was when I finally learned Hebrew. Odd how that works, isn't it? I know you've just started back for the fall, I hope you keep it all together, I will remember you, when I pray for my friend Roger there at PBU.

Thanks Skip for a great answer! Thanks for your prayer too. I'm actually taking a course through Talbot Theological Seminary this Fall, whose credit, PBU is allowing me to transfer. Funny, though PBU's graduate program is nowhere near as well populated as their undergraduate program, I must say I don't know any Rogers. I'm sure if he's your friend though, he must be a good guy!

A friend of mine swears by Lambdin. He took Hebrew while an engineering student at MIT and Lambdin is what they used there.

bkMitchell
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello Friends,
For fans who would like to put a BW web button on their websites/blogs, I have created some buttons and posted them to the downloads page:
Michael

Wow, these are really cool!
If you are also the guy behind the cool BW8 desktop wallpaper, thanks!