PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks 8 Spell Check in Editor

kpurcell
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I use the BW notes a ton to collect all my findings both in BW and other software. So I run spell check after a long note is added to a verse or chapter. I find that if you add something, leave the verse or the program and then come back, the spell checker acts goofy.

I have added a note to many verses in Revelation. When I run spell checker, it finds the words spelled wrong by highlighting them and a dialogue box pops up offering alternatives. The notes attached to the verse before leaving that verse or the program are highlighted correctly. But the parts of that same note that are added after returning to the verse are highlighted improperly. For example if my note had a paragraph that was added in the first editing session, and it found that I spelled church wrong like chruch, it would highlight the chruch correctly and offer the words. But then go away and come back the next paragraph might say ...
"The church is God's people on earrth." Notice earth is spelled wrong . Run spell checker and it finds the misspelled church in the first paragraph and highlights chruch. But in the second paragraph the dialogue box has earrth as the misspelled word and offers correct spellings but it highlights another portion of the sentence like maybe "h is Go". So it highlights the last h form church the word "is" and the Go from God.

Any idea if this is a bug, an anomaly on my end or what?

Here is a screen shot to illustrate:

http://www.kevinpurcell.org/wp-content/uploads/bw-spell.jpg

Notice that instead of highlighting "Missspellled" it highlights " third was a" above it.

Adelphos
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, I can duplicate your behavior.

jgaryellison
06-12-2011, 04:47 AM
I use the BW notes a ton to collect all my findings both in BW and other software. So I run spell check...

I have not found the spell checker in BW8. Where is it?

millie
06-13-2011, 04:41 AM
I need to use the spellchecker as well - where it is located please. (http://www.puretravel.com/Guide/Asia/South-East_Asia/vietnam)

Michael Hanel
06-13-2011, 09:25 AM
I have not found the spell checker in BW8. Where is it?

When you have the Editor or notes window open in BibleWorks, if you right click in the text area, it brings up a context menu and I believe that's where you can find the option to check spelling.