PDA

View Full Version : Resource Summary tab problem

Soxfan23
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I am running version 8.0.012k.1. For some reason, my resource summary tab is not refreshing whenever I switch verses and mouse over certain words. I open up the resource summary window and the same thing happens.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? What should I do?

Adelphos
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I am running version 8.0.012k.1. For some reason, my resource summary tab is not refreshing whenever I switch verses and mouse over certain words. I open up the resource summary window and the same thing happens.

I am not having this problem. If you can duplicate the exact steps that preceed this behavior, such as what version is your search version, what verse specifically is this happening in, and any other information, it might can be narrowed down to either a problem with BW or a problem within your own system.

Soxfan23
09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I just noticed it today. It doesn't matter what my search version is, it does it with every version I've tried. I tried restarting it and it does the same thing. It also does not matter what verse I am on. I have tried numerous verses and it does the same thing. This is weird.

Adelphos
09-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I just noticed it today. It doesn't matter what my search version is, it does it with every version I've tried. I tried restarting it and it does the same thing. It also does not matter what verse I am on. I have tried numerous verses and it does the same thing. This is weird.

Have you tried rebooting your computer? Since I'm not having the problem on my computers, it could be something specific to your system. Try rebooting and then open BibleWorks FIRST after you reboot, before running any other programs, and see if the problem persists.

Adamsen
09-10-2009, 03:14 AM

Do you happen to have one or more user versions installed? Or do you compile and install user versions now and then?

Soxfan23
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I tried rebooting (twice) and it didn't do anything. I don't have any user versions. Honestly I don't even know how to make user versions, though I'm sure it's easy.

What's the next step? Just calling Bibleworks or something? Sending somebody my .ini file (whatever that is)?

Adelphos
09-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I tried rebooting (twice) and it didn't do anything. I don't have any user versions. Honestly I don't even know how to make user versions, though I'm sure it's easy.

What's the next step? Just calling Bibleworks or something? Sending somebody my .ini file (whatever that is)?

Send as detailed a message as you can to Customer Support --

service@bibleworks.com

Your ini file, if they request it, can be easily accessed by going to -- Help | About BibleWorks | System Info | Include Text Of INI Files

Mark Cannon
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I am running version 8.0.012k.1. For some reason, my resource summary tab is not refreshing whenever I switch verses and mouse over certain words.

It may be the case that the Analysis Window is set to update only when the shift key is depressed.

If you display the Analysis tab and then right-click in the area where it displays information, a context menu will appear. The option "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed" should be unchecked for the Resources Summary tab to update when you mouse over a Greek or Hebrew word in the Browse Window.

This option governs both the Analysis tab and the Resources Summary tab.

If that is not helpful please contact tech support at service@bibleworks.com.

When you do, please provide a detailed description of the problem if you do. Please also attach a copy of your bw800.ini file To find the bw800.ini file, navigate to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 8 folder. [If you cannot find the bw800.ini file due to a lack of display of file extensions you make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button is checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked under to be able to view file extensions. These settings can be found under My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows XP or Computer | Press the Alt key to expose an additional menu then | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows Vista].

Dale A. Brueggemann
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm betting that Mark had the solution. And for what it's worth, I prefer to use the update only when shift key is pressed. I think it's the easier way to control the analysis contents.

Soxfan23
09-10-2009, 10:20 PM
It may be the case that the Analysis Window is set to update only when the shift key is depressed.

If you display the Analysis tab and then right-click in the area where it displays information, a context menu will appear. The option "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed" should be unchecked for the Resources Summary tab to update when you mouse over a Greek or Hebrew word in the Browse Window.

This option governs both the Analysis tab and the Resources Summary tab.

Well, the "Update only when shift key depressed" feature was not activated, so that's not the problem. Thanks for the feature though, I didn't know about that one.

I just sent an email to service@bibleworks.com with the information. I was confused on whether to send the regular "bw800.ini" file or the most recent "8.0.012p-bw800lg.ini" file. I just attached both of them as wordpad documents. Is that about right?

Thanks to everybody for your help.

ISalzman
09-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Well, the "Update only when shift key depressed" feature was not activated, so that's not the problem. Thanks for the feature though, I didn't know about that one.

I just sent an email to service@bibleworks.com with the information. I was confused on whether to send the regular "bw800.ini" file or the most recent "8.0.012p-bw800lg.ini" file. I just attached both of them as wordpad documents. Is that about right?

Thanks to everybody for your help.

Have you tried rooting for the Yankees?

Soxfan23
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
have you tried rooting for the yankees?

get thee behind me satan!!!

ISalzman
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
get thee behind me satan!!!

Just trying to be helpful!

Actually, don't worry; I live in the NYC metro area and don't root for the Yankees myself. But I just know how much you Sox fans love our Yankees! :D

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Fenway converted to a hockey venue on New Year's Day.

Soxfan23
09-13-2009, 11:49 PM
I was able to revert back to a previous checkpoint from about a month ago and it fixed the problem. I suppose it was one of the recent updates that caused it to stop working. I installed the most recent update and it is still working fine. Thanks for all your help.

Willem Swanepoel
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I have the same problem. Did you get it resolved?

Regards,
Willem

Mark Cannon
06-11-2010, 09:25 AM
It may be the case that the Analysis Window is set to update only when the shift key is depressed. This option governs both the Analysis tab and the Resources Summary tab.

If you click on the Analysis tab and then right-click in the area where it displays information, a context menu will appear. The option "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed" should be unchecked to allow the Analysis and Resources Summary tab to update when you mouse over a Greek or Hebrew word in the Browse Window.

In addition, please check to see that you have updated to the latest BibleWorks Executable under Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates.

If that is not helpful please contact us for tech support at service@bibleworks.com (service@bibleworks.com).

When you do, please provide a detailed description of the problem. Please also attach a copy of your bw800.ini file.

To find the bw800.ini file, navigate to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 8 folder. [If you cannot find the bw800.ini file due to a lack of display of file extensions, make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button is checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked under to be able to view file extensions. These settings can be found under My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows XP or Computer | Press the Alt key to expose an additional menu then | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows Vista/7].

jimofbentley
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I had the same problem and wrote to the Bible Works support staff.

They responded very quickly, guided me through it and everything works fine again.

Many thanks to Edward.