PDA

View Full Version : Easy Way to Display (All) Multiple Translations

scc
09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm still new to BibleWorks (8) and I've installed with tons of different translations, both in English and in other languages. Normally, I just have one or two turned, but in some cases, I am interested to see what different translations do with the same verse. Is there an easy way to have it display how all the installed translations handle a specific verse? Right now, I have to check off all the different translations, which is time consuming, and then undo it.

Stephen Carlson

Adamsen
09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm still new to BibleWorks (8) and I've installed with tons of different translations, both in English and in other languages. Normally, I just have one or two turned, but in some cases, I am interested to see what different translations do with the same verse. Is there an easy way to have it display how all the installed translations handle a specific verse? Right now, I have to check off all the different translations, which is time consuming, and then undo it.

Stephen Carlson

There is. You can define favorites which you activate and deactive from the Command Line with the display command. You can add all versions at once with "display all". You can also add all the versions of a given language with a single CL command. See the help file s.v. Command Line Shortcuts.

If you enter display clear bgm bgt or something like that, you remove all display versions and add those mentioned after the keyword clear.

Adelphos
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
To add to what Georg said, you can use these shortcuts...

d c kjv scr wtt

This clears all versions and then makes the three following versions active in the Browse window.

d c

clears all versions but search version.

d vul

adds the vul version to your current display in the Browse window.

You can also save your display set by clicking on the green bar and then choosing accordingly.

scc
09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, works great. Thanks!

arggem
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Continuing on with other alternatives:

d english displays ALL English language versions (d c english) does the the same thing but clears all versions first.

This works for any language:

d spanish
d greek

etc.

scc
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Another great tip. I thought that there must have been a way.