PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

Veritas
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Dear All,
Please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, however I hope that someone can help me!

This is my first post on this forum and I have been surfing the net after Bibleworks was recommended to me by my supervisor at university.

I have been asked to compare two translations of 1 Kings 17:1-3 using both the NRSV and NLT, and was informed that Bibleworks would be a good start. I need to translate the Hebrew into English literally which I have already done but also comment exegetically on this passage, discussing verbal stems etc. Is there an option to trial this for a given period of time to see if it meets with my requirements? I know of no other program apart from this and would gladly welcome any advice.

With thanks.

Adelphos
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Is there an option to trial this for a given period of time to see if it meets with my requirements? I know of no other program apart from this and would gladly welcome any advice.

I think you will find that BibleWorks more than meets your needs. However, if there's any doubt, here is a quotation from the order section of the official BibleWorks website --

"Free technical support. 30-day refund (less shipping cost) when obtained directly from BibleWorks."

Michael Hanel
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Dear All,
Please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, however I hope that someone can help me!

This is my first post on this forum and I have been surfing the net after Bibleworks was recommended to me by my supervisor at university.

I have been asked to compare two translations of 1 Kings 17:1-3 using both the NRSV and NLT, and was informed that Bibleworks would be a good start. I need to translate the Hebrew into English literally which I have already done but also comment exegetically on this passage, discussing verbal stems etc. Is there an option to trial this for a given period of time to see if it meets with my requirements? I know of no other program apart from this and would gladly welcome any advice.

With thanks.

Please view the following thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2163).

Veritas
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Please view the following thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2163).

Thankyou for this information.

Would it be possible to purchase and download the program immediately? I assume this is a 'one-off' payment and not a subscription service where new content is charged at x amount?

Apologies for these questions, but I wish to find out as much as I can before deciding whether to purchase the product.

Adelphos
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Thankyou for this information.

Would it be possible to purchase and download the program immediately? I assume this is a 'one-off' payment and not a subscription service where new content is charged at x amount?

Apologies for these questions, but I wish to find out as much as I can before deciding whether to purchase the product.

Downloads are not available. You can opt for a number of CD's or a single DVD.

Since you get all your money back except SH, which is nominal, I'd suggest ordering right away since you seem to be time-critical. You can also explore the BibleWorks website for screen-shots and functionality descriptions.

Adelphos
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh, and YES, it's a one-off payment. In fact, you will find BibleWorks unique in this facet, as they include a TON of resources with the base package which other software companies charge an arm and a leg for.

Dale A. Brueggemann
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Bible Works [BW] will definitely deliver on what you're neededing to do for this assignment and in your ongoing work in and out of school. It's price is affordable compared to other powerful Bible software, and unlike most others, almost all the tools are included with the base price, rather than as add-ons that you must purchase.

No download available, but have you any idea how long that would take with the huge scope of resources included? I think you're mailed CD would arrive before the down-loader completed the job even if they offered it ;o) And if you're in a rush and can't wait until your copy arrives, try this:

http://www.crosswire.org/study/parallelstudy.jsp?key=1+Kings+17%3A1-3