PDA

View Full Version : Word Tips not showing definition

buchs
08-22-2009, 10:21 PM
In BW8, it seems occasionally that Word Tips won't show the definition for a word. If I position the cursor over the last word in WTT Psalm 50:14, I get morphology but no definition. I can go to the Resource Summary and see the definition there. Other examples are the last word of Psalm 50:20 and the fourth last word in 50:21. What is up with this?

By the way, is there any way to have the Word Tips display in a different window instead of covering up the text of what ever I place it over? Most often is convenient to have it over the browse window, so it is like BW 3.5 had it. But, then sometimes a verse is too long and it covers it up. I'd like a scroll bar to pop up on the browse window so I don't have to go pick up the Word Tips display and move it elsewhere temporarily. Am I missing some way to do this with BW8?

Glenn Weaver
08-24-2009, 09:29 AM
It is possible to move the Word Tips to a different location, and have them always appear there. In BW8, on the main menu select Tools | Options | General | Flags | Browse Window Configuration Options. Check the boxes "Show word tips" and "Keep words tips open". Click OK to close the window. Move the Word Tip to your desired location on the screen. It will always appear there, and will reappear there when you restart BibleWorks.

If you find Word Tips that include incomplete information, please send them to our dberrors address at bibleworks.com. Then we can take a look at the error and correct the problem.

Blessings,

buchs
08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Glenn,

I did already have both of those configuration options checked. To better illustrate the problem I have, see the attachments, no-problem.jpg and problem.jpg. You can see how the Word Tips obscures what is under it in the second case.

Glenn Weaver
08-29-2009, 04:47 PM
The Word Tips are designed to be on top of everything else. That is the nature of the Word Tips. But when you have both settings set, you can move the Word Tips to a different location on your screen. Place your cursor on the Word Tip, then drag-and-drop the Word Tip to another location. I like putting it at the bottom of the Search Window. Or you could move it to the bottom of the Analysis Window.