PDA

View Full Version : Finding where I landed in the Church Fathers

buchs
08-22-2009, 11:08 PM
In BW8 I am interested in following references for particular verses in the Church Fathers, but I cannot often tell where the search hit has led to. An example: Go to Psalm 50:7. Open up the Resource Summary page and scroll to the very bottom under Schaff, Early Church Fathers. You see one labeled "Psalm L" and think that sounds interesting - like maybe it is an ancient commentary on the Psalm. Click on the link. Ok, now where are you? Which Church Father's writings are you reading? This had led to much frustration. You might even think you are clever and search for "Psalm L" in the the Early Church Fathers dialog window. You get a hit into the same document, but you still don't know where it is. Anyone have a solution for this?

Kimba
08-23-2009, 03:04 AM
This is a know annoying problem that is being worked on:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3500&highlight=Schaff

Have no clue when it will be out, excect soon. The problem is that it is a 200 MB file and that will suck up a lot of bandwidth so they want to make sure it works fine.

Disclaimer: Not connected with Bibleworks in anyway except I own their software and use it everyday. So this is not an official answer, but the thread provided is.

buchs
08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the reply, Kimba.

Michael Hanel
08-23-2009, 03:07 PM
As Kimba said, the new release should be coming soon. I've had a chance to beta test an updated version and it works a lot better, is easier to navigate, easier to figure out where you are in the book, whose work is being referenced in the Analysis Window etc.

Mark Eddy
08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
The Early Church Fathers corrections are out!! You can get the patch the next time to check for updates.
The location information in the Resource Summary is much improved now, and when you open the Early Church Fathers module on the left hand side of the window you will see a "folder tree" which shows what part of which volume you are in. Knowing what father you are reading is now quite a bit easier. Thanks to Glenn.
Mark Eddy

buchs
09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
The table of contents is expanded and this is wonderful. Just days after I posted my wish. How cool is that?