PDA

View Full Version : Bagster's Daily Light

ISalzman
08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
This is a curiosity. I just opened BibleWorks and the English font size in Bagster's Daily light seems to have shrunk (from what I remember the font size used to be). Is it just me and my imagination? My worsening eyesight? Or has anyone else noticed this phenomenon.

The English font in Bagster's appears significantly smaller than my usual English display fonts, so I assume Bagster's is unaffected by my program settings for display fonts (Tools|Options|Fonts). Any insights? Thanks.

Adelphos
08-12-2009, 11:08 PM
This is a curiosity. I just opened BibleWorks and the English font size in Bagster's Daily light seems to have shrunk (from what I remember the font size used to be).

Check the ZOOM menu item in BDL. You probably inadvertantly toggled it to a smaller size.

ISalzman
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Check the ZOOM menu item in BDL. You probably inadvertantly toggled it to a smaller size.

That's certainly a worthy guess, but, no, BDL is still at the same zoom (100%) as previously. The English font just looks to have shrunk however from the font size it was previously. I can go to a higher zoom - like 125%, for example - but then I find the font size to be larger than I typically like. Greek and Hebrew are fine and seem to be unaffected. But the English font is noticeably smaller than it used to be. Do the font settings under Tools|Options also control Bagster's? I ask this because all my fonts and font sizes are up to spec in the Search, Browse, and Analysis Windows, respectively. But my English font in Bagster's is decidedly smaller. I just noticed this yesterday. And I've never bothered to uncheck the option to start Bagster's when BW starts (the default setting in BW8). So I see Bagster's Daily Light everyday and, accordingly, I can't help but notice that something's different. But thanks for the suggestion, Scott. Has anyone else observed this phenomenon?