PDA

View Full Version : Verse References

Dave Holder
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Is there a way to have verse references at the end of the verse text as opposed to the beginning when imported into my word processor?

frankenfro
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Hello Dave,

When you open the Format Options in the Copy Center, in the Misc box there is an option to "End Block with reference." But i was only able to use it when i selected to copy "Range of Verses" from the Copy Center and wasn't even available for any of the other copy options. If you insert more than one reference into the range, all references will be placed at the end of the block of scriptures. So, if you do it one verse at a time, yes, it can be done. Any more vss might be troublesome. You also have to remember to check all the "Remove Interior" and uncheck the "Include" options from the Format Options to get it to work correctly.

But who knows, i only toyed around with it for a couple minutes after i read your post. There's so much in BW to learn that I could've easily overlooked something. The help file said that this is what this option was for, so maybe i've missed something.

dt

Dave Holder
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I tried this and when I copied the verses into Word, they were still at the beginning of the verse.

Joe Fleener
08-05-2004, 07:21 PM
It depends on what you are looking for.

If you are wanting:

NET In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

rather than:

Genesis 1:1 NET In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I do not think that is possible.

If on the other hand you are looking for the verse reference to be at the bottom of the text:

NET In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:1

Rather than the default:

Genesis 1:1

That is possible.

To do this, do the following:

1. Open the Copy Center

2. Choose Range of verses. (It is correct that most of the rest of these options do not function with the other "what to copy" options.)

3. Type in you verse references. It can be one verse a section of verses or multiple verses (i.e. Gen 1:1; John 3:16)

4. Select the versions you want to see. (i.e. NET BGT)

5. Click Format Options

6. Now you do need to select "End Block with reference", but you also need to deselect "Start block with reference" - You also need to deselect under the "include" section; "book name, chapter number, and verse number. - For some reason checking those options under the "Remove Interior" does not seem to do anything as far as I can tell.

If you do that for the verse and versions I have shown above you will see:

BGT ἐν ἀρχῇ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν

NET For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

BGT οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον, ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν, ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ᾽ ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

Genesis 1:1; John 3:16

As was mentioned both references show up at the very bottom.

Again this may not be exactly what you are looking for. But it may help someone.