PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Splash Screens Of BibleWorks

Adelphos
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Drumroll.... and here they are... pretty cooolll, eh?

http://lamblion.net/image_dump/bwsplash12.jpg

Adelphos
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I really like that shot of Glenn on the horse!

Glenn Weaver
08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry, Scott, but it doesn't look a bit like me. And I don't know the first thing about horses.

Adelphos
08-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Sorry, Scott, but it doesn't look a bit like me. And I don't know the first thing about horses.

Then the rumors must not be true. :cool:

Precha1
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
What happened to the "tater tots" that used to appear at dinner time?

Adelphos
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
What happened to the "tater tots" that used to appear at dinner time?

Apparently it went by the wayside with BW8.

I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a BW splash screen refrigerator magnet with my DVD.

SCSaunders
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Sorry, Scott, but it doesn't look a bit like me. And I don't know the first thing about horses.After a few trips to the emergency room, I now know which end to feed the carrot.

Adelphos
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
After a few trips to the emergency room, I now know which end to feed the carrot.

Actually, you can learn a lot about a walk in the Lord from horses. I have ridden a few unbroken horses in my time, and there are always two compelling factors that cause a horse to break:

1. with every ride, every new encounter, the horse begins to trust the rider more and more each time.

2. with every ride, every new encounter, the horse loses his own will more and more and begins to succumb to the will of the rider.

In short, the horse ultimately becomes ridable because he has learned to trust the rider and because he has learned that it's useless to resist the rider's will.

Application?

You figure it out. :rolleyes:

Michael Hanel
08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
On an unrelated note, I must concede my crown of most prolific BibleWorks forum post-er to Adelphos. It's been lonely at the top, but hopefully he'll enjoy the view. Now I can sit back and take it easy with all this pressure off my shoulders!

Adelphos
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
On an unrelated note, I must concede my crown of most prolific BibleWorks forum post-er to Adelphos.

From where I sit it looks like you've still got me by about a 100 posts. Or am I missing something?

Michael Hanel
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
From where I sit it looks like you've still got me by about a 100 posts. Or am I missing something?

Ah, misread the first 1 for a 2. I thought you beat me. Well, in any case, it's only a matter of time. Just consider this my first Brett Favre moment.

SCSaunders
08-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Actually, you can learn a lot about a walk in the Lord from horses. I have ridden a few unbroken horses in my time, and there are always two compelling factors that cause a horse to break:

1. with every ride, every new encounter, the horse begins to trust the rider more and more each time.

2. with every ride, every new encounter, the horse loses his own will more and more and begins to succumb to the will of the rider.

In short, the horse ultimately becomes ridable because he has learned to trust the rider and because he has learned that it's useless to resist the rider's will.

Application?

You figure it out. :rolleyes:Your point is well taken. And I'm once again reminded how my sarcasm and hyperbole is often undetectable in text posts.

I grew up riding horses. For at least 6 years. My brother had earned himself a traumatic hip condition and my dad couldn't see orthopedic treatment option #1 - sitting on a barrel of some kind. My dad loved his son too much to send him to the barrel every day for an hour or more.

Option #2, sitting on a horse, became owning a horse, then two, then two and a pony.

While I learned many spiritual analogies from owning horses, to include a young Appaloosa named "Patches" who launched me for enough air time to qualify for a pilot's license, and enough trips of my own to the orthopedist to help him pay for his kids' medical degrees, I learned more about God from my dad.

My dad is still around and the horses are long gone. I'm still learning from my dad, though I do have fond memories of Patches, Chiquita and Peanut.

Adelphos
08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Your point is well taken. And I'm once again reminded how my sarcasm and hyperbole is often undetectable in text posts.

No, I think we understood that there was bit of sarcasm in your post, as this is not a strange happenstance for you. :eek:

I've ridden a lot of horses, but I've only ever actually owned two, both mares. My favorite was the second one, a buckskin named Juanna. She was a Spanish horse, and in the two years or so that I owned her, I never met another horse, stallion or mare, that could outrun her.

I mean, she absolutely flew like the wind. When I found out how fast she was, I challeneged everyboy I encountered to a race, and not only did she win every time, but she won effortlessly.

The big problem with Juanna was that she had been mistreated by her former owner, who was also a male like myself, so that when I let her out to pasture for a few days, I couldn't catch her. Not me, not any other male.

I had to send a female out to get her. She would let a female walk right up to her, but no males. Ultimately, however, she began to allow me to catch her most of the time, but she never really got over her fear of the human male.

Maybe that's why she ran so fast! :)

calvary
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I sure would like to have the "focus on the text" one with the blue backdrop as a high-res bitmap for my desktop. Any possibility of that? :D

Dave

Adelphos
08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I sure would like to have the "focus on the text" one with the blue backdrop as a high-res bitmap for my desktop. Any possibility of that?

I think BW will have to be the one to alter and release any of the above images in a different format. A few wallpapers wouldn't be a bad idea though, if they want to take the time to produce them.

calvary
08-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I think BW will have to be the one to alter and release any of the above images in a different format. A few wallpapers wouldn't be a bad idea though, if they want to take the time to produce them.

Yep, I figured that. How about it BW staff?--that way I can use my desktop as a BW cheerleader.

Dave

Michael Hanel
08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Yep, I figured that. How about it BW staff?--that way I can use my desktop as a BW cheerleader.

Dave

Wow I don't know that sounds like a slippery slope. First this, then there will be t-shirts, coffee cups, bumper stickers. Pretty soon BibleWorks will begin to look like certain other companies. ;)

calvary
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow I don't know that sounds like a slippery slope. First this, then there will be t-shirts, coffee cups, bumper stickers. Pretty soon BibleWorks will begin to look like certain other companies. ;)

Hmm... guess that's true. I'm just a sucker for a good wallpaper. :)

Dave

tcblack
08-08-2009, 12:52 PM

well Yeah, but being a loving user of BW8 I myself would like a really good high quality Wallpaper of BW, and that one in particular would be great.

Then again I usually slip back to plain black for my desktop over time. fewer distractions.

Glenn Weaver
08-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Folks,

Michael Tan, our resident graphic designer, the creator of that cool looking "Focus on the Text" graphic, has posted a blue-background "Focus on the Text" wallpaper for you to download. It is available in three sizes for some of the most common screen sizes. They are available in the "Support | Downloads" section of the BW website. Here is the link:

http://www.bibleworks.com/download.html

Adelphos
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Michael Tan, our resident graphic designer, the creator of that cool looking "Focus on the Text" graphic, has posted a blue-background "Focus on the Text" wallpaper for you to download.

Very nifty. If Michael would like to do another, I especially like the early morning picture, i.e., the second from the bottom on the right from the montage at the beginning of this thread. I know Dave requested the one Michael just constructed, but that one is a little dark for me. And since I'm being presumptuous, I'd also like to request a 1280x1024 size as well! :)

Precha1
08-11-2009, 11:04 AM
What a great idea to do this in a wallpaper. It really looks good.

MTan
08-11-2009, 11:12 AM
1280x1024 is now there, too! Enjoy!

Adelphos
08-11-2009, 11:29 AM
1280x1024 is now there, too! Enjoy!

Much obliged, Michael. Those are very professional-looking images.

SCSaunders
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
No, I think we understood that there was bit of sarcasm in your post, as this is not a strange happenstance for you. :eek:

I've ridden a lot of horses, but I've only ever actually owned two, both mares. My favorite was the second one, a buckskin named Juanna. She was a Spanish horse, and in the two years or so that I owned her, I never met another horse, stallion or mare, that could outrun her.

I mean, she absolutely flew like the wind. When I found out how fast she was, I challeneged everyboy I encountered to a race, and not only did she win every time, but she won effortlessly.

The big problem with Juanna was that she had been mistreated by her former owner, who was also a male like myself, so that when I let her out to pasture for a few days, I couldn't catch her. Not me, not any other male.

I had to send a female out to get her. She would let a female walk right up to her, but no males. Ultimately, however, she began to allow me to catch her most of the time, but she never really got over her fear of the human male.

Maybe that's why she ran so fast! :)Sounds cool Scott!

calvary
08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Folks,

Michael Tan, our resident graphic designer, the creator of that cool looking "Focus on the Text" graphic, has posted a blue-background "Focus on the Text" wallpaper for you to download. It is available in three sizes for some of the most common screen sizes. They are available in the "Support | Downloads" section of the BW website. Here is the link:

http://www.bibleworks.com/download.html

Thank you guys sooooooo much!!!! :)

This is so cool!!!!

Dave

SCSaunders
08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Folks,

http://www.bibleworks.com/download.htmlVery nice! I will get some mileage out of the large one for my desk top. Thanks.

Sansom48
02-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Very nice! I will get some mileage out of the large one for my desk top. Thanks.

I don't know how I missed this post so long ago, but I did, I love the backgrounds though, very nice.

jimofbentley
02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know how I missed this post so long ago, but I did, I love the backgrounds though, very nice.

Most of these have come up on mine, but I'm still waiting for the guy on horseback.

haydnguy
08-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Are we allowed to use the smaller images posted in this thread on our social network profile?

I wanted to post, "I use:" and then post the smaller wallpaper pic.

Thanks,
Bob