PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

Kimba
07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
I have been using BibleWorks since the beginning of this year and I cannot imagine a day without it.

One feature that I would really like and I think it would be easy to implement is to have the 'copy' to or save verse list to a tab delimited format with a new line to separate the verse groupings so I can put it into Excel as side by side verses instead of verticle.

Kimba

Glenn Weaver
07-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Kimba,

Assuming that you are using BW8, I expect that you could export the list with the "Add new line after each verse" option, then export to Word. Within Word replace the line break with a tab. Then copy the entire list to Excell.

Kimba
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Kimba,

Assuming that you are using BW8, I expect that you could export the list with the "Add new line after each verse" option, then export to Word. Within Word replace the line break with a tab. Then copy the entire list to Excell.

Glenn,

I think yuou are correct, I have been doing that but it shows me that I will need to write a macro so that this would be a more automated approach.

I still cannot believe the power of Bibleworks, 20+ years ago I could not even dream of these features, but today I am overloaded with possibilities and in seconds answers.

Thanks for a great program.

Michael Hanel
07-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Glenn,

I think yuou are correct, I have been doing that but it shows me that I will need to write a macro so that this would be a more automated approach.

I still cannot believe the power of Bibleworks, 20+ years ago I could not even dream of these features, but today I am overloaded with possibilities and in seconds answers.

Thanks for a great program.

The replacing command is easy enough, you don't have to write a macro for it. Simply hit "control-h" in Word, in the find row type "^p" and in the replace row type "^t" (minus quotation marks). You certainly could write a macro for it, but it would take about as long to click the macro button as it would to do that.