PDA

View Full Version : Resource ordering

Ben Spackman
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I spend most of my time with the Hebrew. Greek resources are listed above Hebrew resources in the resource window. Since Greek resources often quote LXX usage, this means I either do a lot of scrolling just to see if Waltke or BDB deals with the passage or else just turning all the Greek refs off, which I then have to reenable when dealing the NT.

If all Hebrew resources were above Greek, this wouldn't be a problem (because the Hebrew resources don't quote the NT, they just won't show up.)

Thoughts?

ISalzman
07-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Another possibility would be to remove BGT from your display versions while you are studying a passage in the Tenakh (Hebrew Bible). Just uncheck it from your display versions. Then the resources that display in the resource tab will just be your Hebrew reference grammars and lexicons, etc. When you are done looking at those, then you can recheck the BGT in your display versions.

Ben Spackman
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't have any Greek versions set as display. The resource stuff is keyed to the chapter and verse, not version.

ISalzman
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't have any Greek versions set as display. The resource stuff is keyed to the chapter and verse, not version.

Sorry. I didn't realize that.

Are they ever going to rebuild Astroland, by the way (in Coney Island)?

Ben Spackman
07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
No idea. I've only been in Brooklyn for a year, and am actually in White Plains for the summer.

ISalzman
07-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I gotcha. Brooklyn is a very interesting place. I lived there for a year, and worked there for 10+ years. There are things about Brooklyn that I love. But it is, no doubt, not the easiest place in the world to live. I'd be very curious to hear your impressions of it. Of course, to some degree, it depends on where you came from before moving to Brooklyn, but it is quite unlike most other places. Are you there doing missionary work? I commend you for your interest in the Hebrew bible.

Michael Hanel
07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I spend most of my time with the Hebrew. Greek resources are listed above Hebrew resources in the resource window. Since Greek resources often quote LXX usage, this means I either do a lot of scrolling just to see if Waltke or BDB deals with the passage or else just turning all the Greek refs off, which I then have to reenable when dealing the NT.

If all Hebrew resources were above Greek, this wouldn't be a problem (because the Hebrew resources don't quote the NT, they just won't show up.)

Thoughts?

In theory, it might be possible for the programmers to allow users the choice to switch preference of English, Greek and Hebrew order just like they allow us to change order of resources within the categories. So perhaps you can send it to their idea mill and see if it gets a response. As someone who deals primarily with Greek texts, I wouldn't necessarily be offended if Hebrew items were listed first, but if given the choice, I'd prefer the flexibility of the user to choose which s/he'd prefer rather than being locked in as it is now.

But as it is, since I'm biased towards the Greek, I have almost no complaints on the current ordering ;)

SCSaunders
07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
... Thoughts?Clone the window. Un-check all the Greek Lexicons & Grammars. As long as you have both "parented" to the Widows desk top (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17674&postcount=12), you should be able to ALT+TAB back 'n' forth pretty quickly.

David Kummerow
07-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I'd like to be able to have Hebrew ordered above Greek as well.

Regards,
David.