PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly I can no longer search for a word!

carlosdiscipulo
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
:confused: This started 2 days ago. I'm using version 6 with the patches applied. It has worked super fine until just now.
First - In power user mode I select the same search and display versions
Then I type a word to search for - in the command line and when I click for it to search, every time I get the same error message: "There is no such reference in the current search version."

IF I highlight a word in the text in the display window and select "search for string" it works. But if I type that same word in the command line it doesn't work.

I tried restarting the program, then the computer (!), but nothing seems to help.
I would sure appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.

ISalzman
07-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Are you typing the period (.) first?

carlosdiscipulo
07-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Thank you, that did it. But what I don't understand is that I have NEVER had to type the period - been using this 12 yrs. and I guess I just never noticed because apparently it was automatically there. Why it suddenly stopped is anyone's guess. Anyway, many thanks!:)

Michael Hanel
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you, that did it. But what I don't understand is that I have NEVER had to type the period - been using this 12 yrs. and I guess I just never noticed because apparently it was automatically there. Why it suddenly stopped is anyone's guess. Anyway, many thanks!:)

I can't remember if it worked this way, but is it because you recently switched to power user mode?

ISalzman
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM

You're very welcome. I'm glad it's working for you now. I don't know why, all of a sudden, things changed for you, but perhaps Michael has guessed correctly and you changed user modes? At any rate, I am glad it's working now. I see you're located in Spain. It's a real pleasure to be able to connect with you in that part of the world. And that BibleWorks users can help each other all over the world. Many blessings to you, Carlos!