PDA

View Full Version : Bibliography Program--Any suggestions?

MBD
07-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I have Citation 9 now and have used Citation for a decade. I have accumulated a huge bibliography on it. However, it has a major shortcoming: it can only handle ASCII characters (well an accent or umlaut). This creates real problems when you have a book by Cerny (supply hachek, or a book with a Hebrew title. I know that Notabene's Ibid is good, but I am committed to Word 2007. Does anybody know a bibliographical program for Windows which:
1...Uses Unicode
2...Works well with Word 2007
3...Would convert my Citation data files?
Michael

Ben Spackman
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I have an older version of Endnote, which meets 1&2, but I can't speak for 3.

It's a good program as far as it goes. However, one common complaint is customer service with bugs. There tend to be very very few bug fixes and/or responses to errors. This leads to frequent (every year or more often) upgrades, which are anywhere from $49-$99 to fix the bugs and get minor new features.

Fortunately for me, my old version doesn't have any problems that bother me. Unfortunately for me, I've since mostly switched to Mac, so I only write serious papers on my older Dell desktop. (I don't want to run Office 2007 AND Endnote under Parallels.)

That's not a glowing recommendation, I know, but it's the only thing I know for Windows.

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Check out http://www.zotero.org/ It looks like a fantastic deal--and that's coming from a long-time Nota Bene user

ingosorke
07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Also try www.scholarsaid.com.