PDA

View Full Version : Two Qeustions on Graphic Search Engine

Yaku Lee
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I wanted to know if there are Hebrew words for “God” other than AL, ALWH, and ALHYM (Hebew chracters are mixed up, so I Anglicized them). So I constructed a graphic search engine as follows: at the top I had [AND(NAU)] merge node with two daughter nodes: a single left branching [“God” NAU] word-box node with “case sensitive” checked, and a right branching [NOT OR [subquery](WTM)] merge node with three daughter WTM word-box nodes, each containing אל@*, אלוה@*, or אלהימ@* (please understand characters are mixed up; I meant AL@*, ALWH@*, ALHYM@*). Of course I inserted an intermediate [AND[subquery](WTM)] merge node above each of the bottom nodes to speed up the search.

From the verses listed on the search window, Gen 15:13, 2Ch 33:19 are understandable. And the verses from Ezra are what I was looking for. And Neh 6:9, Job 4:6, 9:5, 20:23, 21:17 are also all understandable. But the following 31 verses from Psalm are the ones that I cannot figure out.

Question No. 1. Why all the Elohymsand Els from Psalm are suddenly listed? Are they different from the ones in Gen 1:1 and Gen 14:18, for instance?

Question No. 2. WTM does not recognize אלה@ncm*. How can OT Aramaic (BA?) words be searched?

Thank you very much.

Yaku Lee

Ben Spackman
07-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Aramaic is searched using % instead of @.

Yaku Lee
07-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Aramaic is searched using % instead of @.
Thank you very much for your kind response. I tested it and it works great.